Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The most stylish 8 year old ever!

Matt Deckard

Man of Action
I think Jules Brown would give him a run for his money.

Jules.JPG

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
Marc Chevalier said:
the poor tyke must get his tush booted up and down the Westside playground, and that's a fact. :(

That was my very first thought upon seeing the top hat.

Down2BDapper

Familiar Face
Marc Chevalier said:
the poor tyke must get his tush booted up and down the Westside playground, and that's a fact..

True, but with his style and confidence I'm sure he'll make up for all the beatings later on in life with all the action he'll be getting from the ladies.

ladybrettashley

One of the Regulars
Down2BDapper said:
True, but with his style and confidence I'm sure he'll make up for all the beatings later on in life with all the action he'll be getting from the ladies.

My God, he is fantastic!

And you're absolutely right about that; he's adorable now, but as an adult he's going to be quite a hot-shot.

pdxvintagette

A-List Customer
I love that his style is a kid's interpretation of fashion - and his own, not off a rack. Somehow, I have a feeling that where this kid goes to school, he's not subject to many playground trashings. In his corner of LA, where the children of the wealthy, famous and fashion conscious meet and play, he may be a top dog instead of an an underdog, quite frankly. An article is GQ would certainly count for something!

I do think that he will grow into a really unique or classic style - or a blend thereof - and end up a serious lady killer.

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
pdxvintagette said:
.Somehow, I have a feeling that where this kid goes to school, he's not subject to many playground trashings. In his corner of LA, where the children of the wealthy, famous and fashion conscious meet and play, he may be a top dog instead of an an underdog, quite frankly.
It really don't work that way. Even Prince Charles was tortured all through school; the future monarch. It's what kids do.[huh]

Tiller

Practically Family
The kids got a bit of a steampunk thing going there. Depending on how popular the subculture becomes in the next ten years he could become quite the little trend setter.

FinalVestige79

Practically Family
HAHAH!!

lol this thread takes me back...I remember I had 2 football players in 8th grade try to shove my head down the toilet...they couldn't get me! Kids torturing kids is the cycle of life...sad...but its life. And the Berkely naked guy....HAHA!

Tiller

Practically Family
Marc Chevalier said:
Nah ... he'll get bored with it all and become the next 'Berkeley naked guy'.

Hard saying. I liked fedoras when I was a child, and at the age of 23 I still like them, and I've grown to appreciate the time periods they dominated. Depends on the culture in ten years, and his personality. He seems to be a pretty independent kid though.

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
Oh HERE he is- maybe its just that his parents let him watch the film "Oliver" or early Elton John clips on DVD too many times... And his folks have the money to let him indulge his fashion whimsy, and put up with his overactive quirky personality... :rolleyes:

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
I'd put our son Daniel up against that kid any day...

That kid at 13 may have grown tired of it all. The novelty of his wardrobe is what gets him attention at his age.

Our son in 5 years will be ready for the vintage military uniforms he's being given now by our BAWMHRS group. He'll be able to wear the smaller mens' vintage clothing sizes. I'm just hoping FL's WingNut or a vintage enthusiast we 've recently met named Jeffrey out here may be ready to pass on some of their vintage duds by then to a young stylish up and comer...

Bears repeating from the other thread-- forgive some of the redundancy. Since we here have an almost 13yo son that announced to me in Feb that "I want an Art Deco wardrobe now", I'd much rather see pics (very unlikely to find much archival pics tho) of Fred Astaire's two sons, Peter and Fred Jr. and what they wore. Since Mr. Astaire clothing was significantly from Saville Row, and Mrs. Astaire herself was an East Coast socialite, you can bet those two young gentlemen were well dressed.

I haven't even let Daniel look at the pics of the work of the Japanese 30s Master Tailor thread here on FL, he would be wanting it clothes just like those! I DO have Matt Deckard's and Mr. Magnoli's #s...we've talked bespoke:)

Our son has adopted none other than Mr. Fred Astaire himself as his fashion icon. That rich, spoiled, shamelessly promoted Hollywood kid has FLASH, not STYLE. We ALL know there is a difference.

Besides being modest in his dress, our son is also very gentlemanly demeanor in numerous ways; gentle, polite, kind, and compassionate towards others. Just ask the one older wallflower lady at Yosemite that Daniel politely asked to dance with him several times at the Ball ... Think I'm kidding or exaggerating, several ladies and gents in our Art Deco Society that can vouch for Daniel, FL's Miss1929 is one of his biggest fans. His character and integrity is far more important to him that anything else, even the clothes.

I submit our Daniel's style as a case in point as perhaps the most stylish kid.

March 2009, black tie dinner at Yosemite's Heritage Holidays
360023941.jpg
earlier that same day with FL's own WingNut and other new friends
360023930.jpg
360023937.jpg
the next night, wearing white tie at the Grand Ball- he's that young one in front with the mauve carnation
360023935.jpg
Memorial Day Ceremonies at the Presidio in SF, with his fellow BAWMHRS members(HE made the SF Chronicle- GQ just hasn't met him yet!)
365396797.jpg
July 4th at the Pardee House 1908 Old Fashioned Picnic- in good company participating in the "Best Dressed Gentleman" competition. Daniel is looking in earnest at this gentleman's great socks thinking, "Where can I get a pair of these?"and "sock garters, yeah I need sock garters." The gent on the far left is the Jeffrey I mentioned.
368896373.jpg
A typical Daniel everyday look
359087661.jpg

That other kid does have great curly hair tho, I must admit-but somebody should comb it for him once in a while.

Fleur De Guerre

Call Me a Cab
chanteuseCarey said:
Oh HERE he is- maybe its just that his parents let him watch the film "Oliver" or early Elton John clips on DVD too many times... And his folks have the money to let him indulge his fashion whimsy, and put up with his overactive quirky personality... :rolleyes:

God forbid anyone should have a quirky personality! No one here does, least of all me! ;)

Imagine a child having a desire to dress with individuality and retro flair, and his parents indulging him, because young children don't have the money or the resources to do so on their own. No, there's no one like that on this forum, is there...?

:p

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo