Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Moustache

Gin&Tonics

Practically Family
newsuit002.jpg

How's it looking so far guys? I think it's been around six weeks of growth.

dnjan

One Too Many
Looking good! How is it for symmetry? (can't really tell from the photo)
I started waxing mostly because as mine grew out, one side went down and the other went horizontal.

Gin&Tonics

Practically Family
Looking good! How is it for symmetry? (can't really tell from the photo)
I started waxing mostly because as mine grew out, one side went down and the other went horizontal.

If I comb it it's fairly symmetrical. My first tin of moustache wax is on order from amazon and should be here soon :D

Gin&Tonics

Practically Family
stachewax.jpg

First attempt at using moustache wax. Hndlebars.

Works fairly well, but I think I really need more growth before I start waxing it daily. What do you guys think?

Also, how much wax do you use typically, per application? I found that I seemed to go a bit too easy on it the first time, as it drooped a bit in the heat we were having after a few hours.

BR Gordon

One Too Many
G & T, Looking good. There are others more knowledgable than I am, but I would start with the wax as soon as possible. It helps train the stache to grow the way you want it to grow. I had the tendency to use too little wax and mine drooped in the heat. I started using more wax and that solved the problem. Now that the stache hair is trained to grown in the manner that I want, I use less wax to give a more relaxed look.

My suggestion would be to experiment to find how to achieve the look you want.

By the way, I use Firehouse Wax and I'm very happy with it.

Spitfire

I'll Lock Up
Looking good G&T. Only problem is in your own mind, because you probably have these images of great, big, impressive handlebars.
Looking at your picture - and blocking out all the other bushy handlebar-images, it's nice! Great - looking good.
Just give it time. You are on the right way.
And it will only look better and better.

Gin&Tonics

Practically Family
Thanks all :D I do really like how it looks waxed vs not waxed. it also tends to keep the little hairtips away from my lips when drinking or eating, which helps

coble

A-List Customer
523293_10151185778390350_1530458995_n.jpg

trying to decide if i should go for just a mustache, this is a week in a half, just cut it down from a full beard to what you see here. Would a stache work for me, looking for opinions.

Gin&Tonics

Practically Family
If your beard/stache looks that good after only a week and a half, then you clearly have the makings of a spectacular moustache. My suggestion is that you grow it out as you have it now until you can wax the moustache portion. Then you can try shaving away part or all of the goatee and see how it suits you.

Very impressive start though! I envy your follicles! :p

dnjan

One Too Many
Well, you're young enough (and thin enough) that you don't need the beard to hide a double-chin.
But I would still hold off a bit on getting rid of the beard completely.
Perhaps narrow the beard down a bit, and disconnect from the moustache.

dnjan

One Too Many
If your beard/stache looks that good after only a week and a half, then you clearly have the makings of a spectacular moustache. My suggestion is that you grow it out as you have it now until you can wax the moustache portion. Then you can try shaving away part or all of the goatee and see how it suits you.

Very impressive start though! I envy your follicles! :p

Wishing you could surprise your wife when she comes back from a two-week visit with her relatives?

Gin&Tonics

Practically Family
Wishing you could surprise your wife when she comes back from a two-week visit with her relatives?

Oh man if I could somehow pull off "The Return of the Dapper Stache" in two weeks, that would be awesome. The inlaws live 2 doors down though, so a two week trip to visit them is unlikely. :D

coble

A-List Customer
hahaha, you guys are cracking me up. Return of the dapper stache in two weeks that was awesome. I take it the wife, doesn't care for the stache. My wife prefers my beard or nothing at all, but then she says its your face, you can do what you want. Still laughing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxraff