Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Moustache

Mr Vim

One Too Many
Some of the things I learned growing a moustache:

1.) buy grooming comb and scissors because...
2.) mustaches do not grow in straight lines, the hair is all over the place and needs daily grooming to appear neat.
3.) People who say you look silly often times are jealous because...
4.) A lot of men are not brave enough to wear a moustache.

splintercellsz

I'll Lock Up
Here is my meager addition. I doubt it will get any fuller, as my father didn't shave untill he was 25ish, so I have a ways to go; but I am thinking of shaving it (I'd look weird though, eh?)

04312.jpg

Gin&Tonics

Practically Family
Here is my meager addition. I doubt it will get any fuller, as my father didn't shave untill he was 25ish, so I have a ways to go; but I am thinking of shaving it (I'd look weird though, eh?)

Not too bad, I`d say. Sounds like you`re in the same boat as me; I have lots of trouble trying to grow a moustache. Stick it out, though, and maybe you`ll surprise yourself!

Mind if I ask how long you`ve been growing that one?

Almost forgot to mention, I love that hat.

JeffOYB

Vendor
Here's my latest. I imagine it to be a bit of a "balbo" with handlebar.

I attended my first "steampunk" event last weekend. My family tolerated me growing the 'stash as part of my mild outfitting for the event, but they seem to have gotten used to it, and some other people say they like it. So I might be allowed to continue to mess around. Grooming is fun. The event (the "World Steam Expo" in Dearborn, MI) was fun and confusing. I was one-quarter caparisoned compared to everyone else, but that's not bad for a tourist -- I made an effort and that got me "in" -- but not invited up to any room parties, but that was fine with me as the panels and classes and lobby gawking were already enough to make me feel that I was on another, but pleasant, planet. (Pics and a report at my OYB site.) (Say, is there an easy way to manage pics on this forum? Over the past decade I've uploaded all of a dozen 100kb pics and now I'm at my limit. These pics help make sense of the post-threads they're in so I don't want to delete them, but the forum is preventing me from uploading new "whoppin' huge" 100kb pics. So I am indeed having to delete nifty old pics, messing up the old threads they were in. Is there another way to go? I suppose I could upload to my server and link to a pic. Whew!)

jp.stash.jpg

Dated Guy

Familiar Face
I have always had a beard since I could grow one, varying in styles and lengths. My second wife (still current), once caught me shaven apart from a curly ended 'tache'. He remark of "Grow it back again quick because you look like a potato" just about did it permanently.....

DanielJones

I'll Lock Up
Dated Guy, pictures please! :D

Lately I find that mine is starting to resemble the one Ian Holm sported in Greystoke, the Legend of Tarzan.
7237297606_25c27e37f0.jpg

I'm sure that is a good thing.

Cheers!

Dan

Gin&Tonics

Practically Family
5d4bcfad-6934-49be.jpg

Taras Shevchenko; poet, artist, advocate of liberty and justice, and weilder of the mightiest moustache in the history of Ukraine, possibly of the entire Soviet Union

DanielJones

I'll Lock Up
Although know as "The Beard" Monty Wooley had an epicly stunning hirsuit appendage. Great handlebar for sure.
monty_woolley.jpg

monty-woolley-holy-matrimony.jpg

Loved hin in The Man Who Came to Dinner. Wickedly funny.
Wooley2.JPG

And in the Pied Piper
Monty+Woolley+The+Pied+Piper.PNG

Cheers!

Dan

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot