Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The new "Bwana" Hat is now for sale!

SHARPETOYS

Call Me a Cab
We have been talking about a new hat her at The Fedora Lounge. Art Fawcett has gotten the first one made. Here is a link to the new hat.

http://www.vintagesilhouettes.com/the Lounge/Bwana_2.jpg Sample picture

http://www.thefedoralounge.com/showthread.php?t=2779

This was our first link

http://www.thefedoralounge.com/showthread.php?t=2599

The price in pure beaver is $350.00 and in Rabbitt $250.00 If you would like to call Art his # is 1-800-636-1410. Toll free.

How many would like to invest in the Bawana hat? Post here or pm Art and let him know. So he can order in the materials he needs to custom make your Bawana hat.

I will start the list.
sharpetoys 1 Bawana size 7 3/8

MDFrench

A-List Customer
Well, I am still working out a few minor details with Art on this one. I really want it to reflect the Stewart Granger hat more before I buy. (See my avatar)

Right now to me it looks like Allan Quatermain MEETS Indian Ghurka. That's not a bad thing at all, just not my thing.

So, yeah - put me down for one - beaver of course, but not one identical to the prototype.

Mike

SHARPETOYS

Call Me a Cab
Bwana Fedora

I ordered the hat from Art a few minutes ago after speaking to MDFrench.
He was gracious enough to allow me to purchase the first "Bwana" hat.

I can't wait to take it on my Elk hunt to Oregon this year. I'll get to break it in here in Florida hunting wild Boar.

Maybe next year Africa. :)

MDFrench

A-List Customer
Being gracious has nothing to do with it, my friend. You Being a class act has more to do with it. Enthusiasm is infectious and my blind enthusiasm started all this, yours and BT's more focused enthusiam made it happen, and Art ran the ball into the end zone.

You are equally deserving of the first one. At the same time, as you know, I am being more...well...I call it discerning. Some might call it difficult. HAHA!

Anyway, I can't wait to hear from Art about the comments I have made. I'd like to know what he thinks. I posted some comparison photos on his Bwana thread. Well see...

Mike

SHARPETOYS

Call Me a Cab
Your fans "Art"

Holly, that's one of the special features of this type of hat, it has a double brim. Art, all it needs is some dirt and sweat and some bamboo hanging off the brim. An excellant job.

fedoralover

SHARPETOYS

Call Me a Cab
prototype number one! Bawana Safari

Art,
Going to tweak the "Bawana" over the weekend. I have D.T. wanting to get it. I'm glad with Art's 30 or so orders I won't have to wait till August!

Stomp it drag it behind the truck have a wild boar go after it. Andykev shoot at it. { He'll miss} This is one fine Bawana Safari Fedora.

Thany you Art, The natural 100% pure Imperial beaver is the best beaver money can buy.

I have one of Steve AKA Fedora Platinum beavers in the same color and the pictured do not do it justice.

I think its the prettiest felt made. Very Vintage and changes colors in the sun. :clap :D :clap

ITG

Call Me a Cab
SHARPETOYS said:
Holly, that's one of the special features of this type of hat, it has a double brim. Art, all it needs is some dirt and sweat and some bamboo hanging off the brim. An excellant job.

fedoralover
So how does the brim stay attached or is it a double crown too? I find this feature of the brim quite interesting.

SHARPETOYS

Call Me a Cab
Bink is almost ready to go.

binkmeisterRick said:
What a cool hat! Man, if I was on safari, I'd want one of those on my head! Nice job, Art! ;)

bink

Art
Is making you one so you can go hunting with me . Make sure he has your correct Bawana size. We are going to :kick: arse on our Elk ,Cougar and Bear. {You have to wear clothes.}

Big Bawana ;)

Art Fawcett

Sponsoring Affiliate
Not well I'm afraid Sharpey, I have to order more bodies for this. I have discovered that dress bodies won't quite get it and so I will try to get westerns ( for the brim width) that aren't loaded up with stiffner. I am also experimenting with a western Silverbelly for the style.

SHARPETOYS

Call Me a Cab
I;m being cool

Canadave said:
Sharpie, would you quit bugging Art! He's working on a Panamabob Montecristi for me. :cool:

Spring is in the air!

:) ;) :)

David

I haven;t its JP buying those extra large Montecristi Panama hats with the real Vintage ribbon. Lets see JP and Andykev 17 hats since Jan 2005.

I let Art just be the Artist he is. If you don;t bug him you get a better product!! :) :rolleyes: :)

Sharpey.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy