Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The new Mullett

shamus

Suspended
I've notice what I would consider the modern mullett.

It's where a guy with shorter hair puts lots of gel in it and then pushes it up in the middle of his head like a mohawk.

Does anyone know the name for this style?

Vanessa

One Too Many
Yep. In Chicago, it's the 'faux-hawk', as well. . .sported by the metrosexuals & pre-teens who's parents would kill them if they ever got a real one.

Feraud

Bartender
Vanessa said:
Yep. In Chicago, it's the 'faux-hawk', as well. . .sported by the metrosexuals & pre-teens who's parents would kill them if they ever got a real one.
Faux-hawk! I like that one. For those 'part time punks'!;)

Mr. Jason

Familiar Face
Yep faux-hawk and as someone who formerly wore an actual mowhawk it always puts me off just a tad to see them. My all time favorite mowhawk modification is the frohawk. Doug Pinnick the bass player for Kings X had the quintsential frohawk for those of you that might remember those good ol' days (I tried to find a good picture but failed).

Maj.Nick Danger

I'll Lock Up
Apalling,........

Absinthe_1900 said:
Absolutely apalling Absinthe! If anyone refuses to believe that the phenomenon commonly reffered to as, "The Dumbing Down of America" is a myth, all they need do is take a look at this! :rage:
Can't wait until this goes away,....if indeed it ever will,.......:mad: [huh] :(

katiemakeup

Practically Family
I don't mind a little fauxhawk! I guess every generation has their rebel hairstyles. What is odd to me is that when I look at groomed men/actors in the 30's (-60's) their hair looks nice/smooth, but now, most of the younger ones have that bed-head messy unkempt hair (even my Michael Bublé :rolleyes: ) and I cannot see them without that messy do. I guess because It's "my generation" and that's the style these days.

Maj.Nick Danger

I'll Lock Up
I guess every generation,....

...has their rebelious styles, luckily most people outgrow them. Back in the 40's Zoot suits used to cause actual riots! I think Zoot suits are the coolest! :cool2: Maybe back then I wouldn't have? Or maybe I would if I were a 19 year old hipster?

Undertow

My Mail is Forwarded Here
shindeco said:
My husband is a hairdresser and he calls it a "faux-hawk"...

Yep. Makes me wonder why someone really bothers to go to that extent to look messy. :eusa_doh:

Honestly? It just doesn't make sense to me. There are far easier and cheaper methods to looking unkempt.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThomW