Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The New VANSON OCTAGON Model B Regular !!

Windstorm81

One of the Regulars
Just got a Vanson Octagon Model B (Regular) ! I was aching for this hide as the variation on this color is just phenomenal !! Its definitely a lighter, thinner hide than the substantial Chromexcel Steerhide which I am used to getting from Aero but, nonetheless, a very impressive, rich, leather that should age quite well. The oranges pop out in bright sunlight but very dependent on the light ! Overall, a well worth piece to the collection. Here are the pics

20150912_141453-min.jpg 20150912_141543-min.jpg

Windstorm81

One of the Regulars
Looks great! Windstorm, what size is it, and did you size down?

I did size down, I usually go with size 42 but they only had size 40 available at Thurston in this model ...so i kept my fingers crossed and pulled the trigger anyways...turned out well i guess :D

...so i kept my fingers crossed and pulled the trigger anyways...turned out well i guess :D

And it's a lucky thing you did! I don't think a 42 would look nearly as good on you as this 40 does. It's simply perfect! Congrats. Model B is a very classy jacket in brown.

pawineguy

One Too Many
Sizing looks perfect, still appears to have enough room to be comfortable to wear. Even though the Octagon is lighter leather it's going to still look much, much better once it's broken in a bit. (not that it doesn't look good now) Congrats on a great jacket.

Windstorm81

One of the Regulars
Thanks guys for the kind words !! This should serve well as a light Fall / Spring Jacket ... will satisfy that crave for leather even in those slightly warmer temperatures :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner