Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Non Shorpy Web All Stars.

National Stockyards, St. Louis, Missouri, 1940.

Missouri_Mules_1940.jpg

Happy Thanksgiving!

f683bb3e6c78cde5cd8f2f31ae5e8f27.jpg

Several years ago I was attending a technical conference with some co-workers. After one of the sessions, we struck up a conversation with a woman who was a subject matter expert in aerospace corrosion, and also of Russian descent, as evidenced by her accent. After ten minutes or so, the convo broke up and the woman walked away. After she was out of earshot, I turned to one of my colleagues and said, "Is it wrong that during the entire time we were talking to her, I just wanted to ask her to say 'Moose and Squirrel'?"

Big Guy.jpg

I'm callin' fake on this one, dirt & all...the guy has a pierced ear.

View attachment 199130
Re-enactor photo.....Not sure of the format of this one (looks like just a B&W) but we DO have many Tin and CDV photographers out there now...there is even a university that specializes in these ?reproduction? photo's......will cause a lot of problems for collectors years from now....

Re-enactor photo.....Not sure of the format of this one (looks like just a B&W) but we DO have many Tin and CDV photographers out there now...there is even a university that specializes in these ?reproduction? photo's......will cause a lot of problems for collectors years from now....
I have several Cody cabinet photos in my collection bought 20-25 yrs ago, but I haven't bought one in a long time due to the fakes out there. I have no problem with reproduction old timey photos of re-enactors, etc but I object to fakes for profit.

IMG_4296.JPG

Modern silver nitrate

IMG_3226.jpg

IMG_3211.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy