Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Non Shorpy Web All Stars.

Filene's Basement sale, Boston, 1949. Searching for the right $11 suit.

1653080610428.png

Lots of hats to been seen:

Mighty44

One Too Many
"...photo from 1920 features the Stetson Harmony Circle including John B. Stetson Company salesmen sporting several of the styles offered at the time. This photo was originally published in the March 1920 edition of the 'Hat Box'." -- Stetson University duPont-Ball Library Archives.

I'd wear any one of those, but would probably have trouble getting past door frames with the one worn by the fellow seated on the floor on the far right.

View attachment 427162
Wow! And how about that Uncle Sam topper!

carouselvic

I'll Lock Up
"Girls from the Plains," 1917. Marguerite (Carignan) Primeau, left, and Genevieve (Forte) Froelich would both turn 20 in 1917. Genevieve was rolling a cigarette, while Marguerite held one. The portrait was a light-hearted spoof of how many cowboys, and wannabe cowboys, had been photographed. Frank Bennett Fiske made the portrait at his Fort Yates (ND) studio on the Standing Rock Reservation.

72F0DB94-E7F9-4736-8CCD-5F8866669C65.jpeg

I like how the dog has a chair. You should share that one over on the Bib Overalls and Suit Jackets thread:

"Girls from the Plains," 1917. Marguerite (Carignan) Primeau, left, and Genevieve (Forte) Froelich would both turn 20 in 1917. Genevieve was rolling a cigarette, while Marguerite held one. The portrait was a light-hearted spoof of how many cowboys, and wannabe cowboys, had been photographed. Frank Bennett Fiske made the portrait at his Fort Yates (ND) studio on the Standing Rock Reservation.

View attachment 428251
They are packing some fine iron, but the one gal's cartridge belt is emty.

1870's Texas. Saddling a young bronco. Can only make out the first two initials of J. W. on the saddlemakers sign.

View attachment 431498
Jack, I ran across some info on a J. W. Gibson harness co. in TX that sold out to Stetson in 1899. Also, according to Shepler's company history, the company started when Harry Shepler bought the J. W. Gibson Harness Co. which operated in KS from 1899-1946.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ