Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The one that got away

besdor

Vendor/Sponsor
I was bidding on the ultimate hat last week but the guy decided to keep the item .
Item #8347115965 was a Stetson Ermine dress hat from the 1930's . They only made 10 of them . In the last two years , Ebay has had two of them
up . One didn't sell for 1000.00 amd this one was stopped at 430.00 . I would have paid much more . This hat blows away any 100x hat from Stetson .
Oh well , back to the drawing board !!:cool2:

I don't think that this auction was stopped preemptorily by the seller. It appears that it ended when it was supposed to end. No one reached the reserve, that's all. Why don't you contact the seller via eBay and ask him/her if the hat is still available, and for how much was the reserve? Just a suggestion. Good luck!

ITG

Call Me a Cab
Veronica, that's how I read it the first time too until I saw the auction end time and start time were the same (providing for the hour's difference with Daylight Savings time), but then I later thought perhaps besdor won the auction and the seller pulled out on besdor and decided to not sell it to him. But I could be wrong as I can see where the original post is unclear on that.

The auction was preprogrammed by the seller to last for exactly 5 days ... and indeed, it ended exactly 5 days after it began, just as it was supposed to do. The seller did not end the auction early. No one won it because none of the bids matched the seller's reserve.

There's no reason to believe that the seller no longer wants to sell the hat, or that he/she has already sold it to someone else. The best thing to do, I think, is to contact the seller and make an offer he/she can't refuse.

Wild Root

Gone Home
It looks totally 30's but the guy says that it was a gift to his father-in law in 1968. I do see he describes the hat to be a derby which is so not true but, is this guy just a dunce? Does he know what this thing is?

I'd send him a message and ask what he wants for it. You never know what you might find out! Don't give up hope!!!

=WR=

besdor

Vendor/Sponsor
I contacted the seller . He told me that he decided to keep the hat instead . More of a sentemental value to the family. I would have payed much more .
This vintage hat is far better than any other dress hat that I've seen in a long time .:) :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24