Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Phantom Comic Strip

Gray Ghost

A-List Customer
I have always loved the Phantom because my Grandfather loved the Phantom. I found out later that papa was part of a vigilante group in the 20's and 30's so I figured that is why he liked them. He was actually a leader in the group. There is a story about how he and his group convinced a german that was working at the RR to start taking care of his family instead of drinking and gambling and his family doing without. It was okay to drink and gamble but you took care of the family first.

=GG=

Nathan Dodge

One Too Many
I have always loved the Phantom because my Grandfather loved the Phantom. I found out later that papa was part of a vigilante group in the 20's and 30's so I figured that is why he liked them. He was actually a leader in the group. There is a story about how he and his group convinced a german that was working at the RR to start taking care of his family instead of drinking and gambling and his family doing without. It was okay to drink and gamble but you took care of the family first.

=GG=

Yikes. Your grandfather must've loved this movie. ;)

Gray Ghost

A-List Customer
Yikes. Your grandfather must've loved this movie. ;)

Don't know about this movie, but Papa was of German descent to. His group would go after ones that would treat their families wrong or broke the law and would get off with a technicality. Dont know if he killed anyone or not but the threat was always there. Straighten up or leave, there is no second chance. He was a merchant marine in WWI and saw action against german subs off Nova Scotia. They did sink one sub that I am aware of. The war ended while they were enroute to france with some more doughboys. They turned around and came home.

=GG=

Effingham

A-List Customer
I love the Phantom. Absolutely LOVE the series.

The Finnish comic strip Fingerpori also seems to love the Phantom.

fingerpori.gif

fingerpori3ui7aq3.gif

20080308.gif

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran