Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The pocket circle

Edward

Bartender
Interesting. I like the rose folds - those would look great in a red silk. I might be tempted by one or two of those as a novelty, though I can't see them repalcing squares any time soon. I do so like the points of a folded square....

Nick D

Call Me a Cab
April 1 or not, it's an interesting idea. I like the rose fold, seems like it would go well with a more formal ensemble. But for the most part I'm of the fold-and-stuff mindset, I don't go for the highly structured look for a pocket square.

Jovan

Suspended
I occasionally just stuff it in, but most of the time it's a simple square fold -- no more, no less. I'll try a TV fold sometime, but I can't seem to find decent instructions on how to do it. :(

Edward

Bartender
I like the slightly chaotic, almost flower-like look to a 'stuffed in' pocket square - to my eyes, it's a nice juxtaposition between a sharply put together and coordinated outfit, and a little "human" untidiness. Works especially well with black tie... though I do tend to try omething a little more formal with white tie.

Jovan

Suspended
An April Fool's Day thread turns into serious business about pocket squares... only on the Lounge, folks. lol

Here is one of my all-time favourite images of a pocket square with formal wear. Somehow, black dinner jackets seem incomplete without a bit of white linen in the breast pocket.

Sean_Connery_as_Bond.jpg

PhilS

One of the Regulars
Pocket Square Preparation and Folds

You guys are talking like you know what you are doing. I like white pocket squares in my suits, and have to prep them myself. If there is a thread that could give me pointers for starching/ironing and variations for folds? i haven't been able to find it. Thanks, Phil

DerMann

Practically Family
chucklehead said:
get your freaking finger off the trigger and out of the trigger guard area!

sorry i just took a safety refresher course.

Sean Connery needs not be confined to our mortal "gun safety" rules.

Plus, it is an air pistol, which is pointed in a "safe" direction.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPR