Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Real McCoys TV show

chum

Familiar Face
I noticed on other threads alot of people asking for examples of someone wearing an open crown fedora. The one that I remember the most was granpaw on The Real McCoys. He almost always sported an open crown. In one particular episode(I do not remember which one) he added a center dent and made it look like magic! He held the hat in one hand from the inside and blew on the crown and poof he had the center dent!

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
I hadn't heard of the show, but here are some pics.
1186325093_1.jpg

1186324961_1.jpg

6123.jpg
real-mccoys.jpg

Big Man

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Lefty said:
I hadn't heard of the show ...

I can't believe you didn't know about "The Real McCoys". :eek: What a classic show. I used to love watching that show.

theinterchange

One Too Many
Big Man said:
I can't believe you didn't know about "The Real McCoys". :eek: What a classic show. I used to love watching that show.

I own all the seasons available on dvd. I figured most anyone into the stuff we are around here would have at least HEARD of the show. :rolleyes: ;)

I've always been curious what brand Amos' hat was. And what about George's hat? :p

Randy

carouselvic

I'll Lock Up
A hat that I regret not buying was a Borsalino owned by Walter Brennan. It sold for what any Borsalino was selling for. I didn't buy it because it was one size largerer than I normally wear. Stupid, stupid, stupid. TLH

PS one of the best Walter Brennan impersonations that I have ever seen was done by Richard Crenna(Luke).

jwalls

Vendor
Walter Brennen also appeared in series called " The Guns Of Will Sonnett". His Will Sonnett has allways reminded me of my Grandfather, "No brag, just fact" ;) ;)

Sam Craig

One Too Many
Brennan was the consumate actor ... highly underrated because of the Real McCoys, I'm afraid

He played all sides of the western from bad guys to good guys to comic relief

His part in The Over The Hill Gang showed his less comic relief nature

He was a great actor who did a bang up job with the rolls he got ... still he deserve some better ones

chum

Familiar Face
Sam Craig said:
Brennan was the consumate actor ... highly underrated because of the Real McCoys, I'm afraid

He was a great actor who did a bang up job with the rolls he got ... still he deserve some better ones

He also had a radio hit as well...It was one of them "spoken" songs. I think it was called Old Rivers. Kind of a "tear jerker".

carouselvic

I'll Lock Up
chum said:
He also had a radio hit as well...It was one of them "spoken" songs. I think it was called Old Rivers. Kind of a "tear jerker".

Even before that he had a hit with Gunfight At The O.K. Corral, another spoken song.

Mr. Paladin

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Walter Brennan was another of my favorite actors and singers (loved Ol' Rivers) and I have many of the Real McCoy dvds as well. We used to go to my grandparents to watch it on TV because we didn't have one. He was super in The Guns of Will Sonnet. I have read that the hat in the McCoys was an Open Road but I can't remember where I saw that to confirm.

Salty O'Rourke

Practically Family
Sam Craig said:

Three Oscars and an Emmy (for Real McCoys) - not too shabby.

hatflick1

Practically Family
Senior Granpa, would yell Pepina.
He, too, wore a hat, didn't he, the little farm hand?
What is most fascinating to me is that the McCoys were farmers living in and working the San Fernando Valley ( right over the Cahuenga Pass from LA). Clearly, there was still plenty of farm land available there back in the fifties. None today.

Mr. Paladin said:
Walter Brennan was another of my favorite actors and singers (loved Ol' Rivers) and I have many of the Real McCoy dvds as well. We used to go to my grandparents to watch it on TV because we didn't have one. He was super in The Guns of Will Sonnet. I have read that the hat in the McCoys was an Open Road but I can't remember where I saw that to confirm.
:arated: Walter Brennan :arated:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24