Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The School of Hard Knox

rembetis

New in Town
Thanks, rlk. I found this elsewhere on the forum (see attached). It suggests "Premiere Quality" Knox hats cost $10 in 1924 (ad was dated in the thread I found it), which is what this one cost. You think that continued up through 1930?

1924KnoxAd.png

rlk

I'll Lock Up
Thanks, rlk. I found this elsewhere on the forum (see attached). It suggests "Premiere Quality" Knox hats cost $10 in 1924 (ad was dated in the thread I found it), which is what this one cost. You think that continued up through 1930?

Likely, prices did drop a bit during the depths of the Depression on some items, but didn't rise generally 'til after WW2 and only slowly.

Farley

New in Town
Here's mine. Early 40's Knox Twenty, I believe. Don't have any pictures of just the hat, I'll probably post some up in the next few days. I'll also try and get some pictures from my swing dancing class.

306655_4812053024997_1305570952_n.jpg

vinnysolferino

New in Town
would you consider trading other great hats for the Knox 100. I had one once, a long time age in a galaxy far (ha ha) but the joke is on me. I sold it 39 years ag. Would surely like another. contact for big trade or sale if interested. vinnysolferino

This an early Knox logo or someone ripping off the brand name perhaps? The image is from an old bowler hat on Ebay.

It's an old and mysterious hat and retail store. I would guess Knox branding but it will take a better inspection. The sweatband appears to show no imprints.

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
This just in!

No moth could damage the integrity of this gorgeous pecan 20 that arrived moments ago. This is the cleanest, most odorless, nicest, and softest slightly moth-tracked felt I have seen. My only real rival to this pounce is my VS bobby blue. It is a long oval, to my gleeful surprise, and has the Knox Custom [felted] Edge. Beautiful liner too. I've tried about seven different creases, and I think I like the shallow diamond best so far.

032sf.jpg

026uu.jpg

027auj.jpg

028rg.jpg

030kxh.jpg

I think this shows the color a little better:
037ey.jpg

Last edited:

facade

A-List Customer
Early Knox Hat Grades

I'm curious if anyone has ever seen, touched, or owns a hat bearing the very early Knox quality grades Beacon or Roxford? I can find nothing here about them other than one Knox Roxford hat which was clearly a modern revival of the Roxford name.

Rogera

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Here's mine. Early 40's Knox Twenty, I believe. Don't have any pictures of just the hat, I'll probably post some up in the next few days. I'll also try and get some pictures from my swing dancing class.

306655_4812053024997_1305570952_n.jpg
Farley I like that pic. Nice hat, jacket combo!
Bowlerman nice find! I love those "Custom Edge" or Cavanagh Edge styles. It is unfortunate that that is a lost art.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner