Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Serious approaches: Cards or Tigers?

MudInYerEye

Practically Family
As a Yankee fan I gotta stand by my league. Never liked the Cards, their rooters always seem like such goody-goodies. Go Tigers.

Andykev

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
CARDINALS

Go A's! Oh,....oops. Ok Tony Larussa was former manager of the A's. So I go CARDINALS! But the Tigers did have a great season. It should be a good series. I will go into depression when the World Series is over, and there is nothing left but Football!

S

Samsa

Tigers

Tigers all the way! We've made some amazing progress in the past year, and winning the World Series would be a great way to end the season.

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
Go Tigers!

I really enjoyed their turnaround and I'd love to see them go all the way. Additionally, La Russa lost me when he played dumb when asked about the Bash Brothers vitamin program.

Lena_Horne

One of the Regulars
This girl has been rooting for the Tigers since March-April, and even the last few seasons simply for the love of baseball. Doesn't hurt that I'm right here in Detroit either.:)

Go Tigers!:eusa_clap

L_H

deanglen

My Mail is Forwarded Here
This should be pretty clear: Go Tigers!
COBBAD.jpg

dean

moustache

Practically Family
With all due respect...

MudInYerEye said:
As a Yankee fan I gotta stand by my league. Never liked the Cards, their rooters always seem like such goody-goodies. Go Tigers.

As long as the Yanks are NOT in it,i'm happy.I just want to see an exciting series.

No offense intended,of course.

JD

Sly Style

Familiar Face
Well, seeing as to how I route for two teams, the Red Sox and anyone who beats the yankees then I shall have to route for the Tigers.

Hondo

One Too Many
Andykev said:
Go A's! Oh,....oops. Ok Tony Larussa was former manager of the A's. So I go CARDINALS! But the Tigers did have a great season. It should be a good series. I will go into depression when the World Series is over, and there is nothing left but Football!

I'm sorry AndyKev, Go A's? lol Yeah me too, sorry bud. I'm a long time admirer of the Tigers since Mark "The Bird" Fidrych, my ex got me a signed baseball (I had this foul ball from an A's & Tigers game, I give it to her) from him when her dad worked for the Tigers.
Its a pretty cool item, the games afoot, GO Tigers!!!

IndianaGuybrush

One of the Regulars
Yanks are my team too, so I'm rooting for the Tigers... That way I can say at least we were beat by the team that went on to win (gotta take thos small victories where they are). Something like 4 out of the last 5 world series winners had to go through the yanks.

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
IndianaGuybrush said:
Something like 4 out of the last 5 world series winners had to go through the yanks.
Somehow, I just don't think that George takes much consolation in that fact. :cry:

MudInYerEye

Practically Family
moustache said:
As long as the Yanks are NOT in it,i'm happy.I just want to see an exciting series.

No offense intended,of course.

JD

No offense taken, it's a great compliment. The irony is the rest of America hates the Yankees because they'll do whatever it takes to win more often than others, while the rest of the world hates America for the same reason.

Harp

I'll Lock Up
Chicago

As a Cubs fan, postseason play is an impersonal, neutral, and most
indifferent time. I usually begin the psychological transition to college
and pro football in mid-summer; give or take a few weeks, so the
inevitable season letdown is less painful.

moustache

Practically Family
Well put.

MudInYerEye said:
No offense taken, it's a great compliment. The irony is the rest of America hates the Yankees because they'll do whatever it takes to win more often than others, while the rest of the world hates America for the same reason.

And tha can be said NON-politically .Socially,culturally and economically.

A well played,close game is what the WS is supposed to be.May that come true.

JD

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner