Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Sting........

Williamson

New in Town
I am sure that this movie has been mentioned before but I thought I would post a thought about "THE STING". We saw this while on vacation last week and I couldn't help but notice the fedora that Paul Newman wore in the movie. Lots of nice vintage style by all the characters in the movie. Regards,Williamson.

Nathan Flowers

Head Bartender
Staff member
This one:

sting30.jpeg

or this one?

CIN00283_160.jpg

Terrific movie, and one of my absolute favorites. MK has posted a shot somewhere of Robert Shaw (as Doyle Lonnegan) and Charles Dierkop (as Floyd) where Shaw is golfing, and Dierkop is wearing a terrific looking fedora.

Michaelson

One Too Many
Any shots of Newmans hat? I got the DVD from my youngest daughter for Father's Day, and it's still a seamlessly well done movie, in my opinion. We've been looking for a copy for literally years. I will ALWAYS remember the college crowd I was sitting with to watch it when released. It was the first movie I've ever been in that received two standing ovations DURING the showing. Unforgetable. It's still in my top 5 of all time favorites.

Regards. Michaelson

Williamson

New in Town
That is the way I have felt about this movie. I have seen it on and off through the years but it had been quite awhile since I had last watched it. From the visual aspect to the soundtrack it is truly in my top ten list. Glad to see it is still appreciated by others....our age as well as the younger folks! Regards to all. Williamson.

Michaelson

One Too Many
Watch it on DVD. They edit the HECK out of the movie when they show it on TV. Loses a lot in translation. Regards. Michaelson

IndianaGuybrush

One of the Regulars
I actually have a funny story about this movie. My friends and I started watching it on DVD and it was in black and white. I was the only one who had seen it, and even then it had been years before. My friends kept looking at the DVD box and going, "I thought this movie was in color" and I kept saying "I guess they switch to color at some point during the film." Well, needless to say it remained black and white until nearly the end credits, when one of us got up to unplug the connections and realized the video cable was loose in the TV! Jiggling it gave us the color back... what a bunch of maroons huh? :p

PS - Not surprisingly the movie works very well in black and white. not that I don't appreciate it in color, but seeing it always reminds me of that happy mistake my friends and I made when they first saw it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24