Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Stuart has landed

Sir Jacket

Practically Family
To all those Fedora Lounge habitués (or perhaps to any of them) who have been following my anguished decision-making over my latest Aero, I would like to report that my experimentation with the Stuart paid off. Indeed, I am waiting for the BBC crew to arrive at any time because surely the word has got out that I appear to have obtained that rare, almost mythical, thing: the perfect leather jacket. The Stuart embodies what I wanted in an Aero leather, without my even fully realising it.

Two thoughts: Aero strangely didn't modify the buckle to a lower, Highwayman arrangment, as I had asked (perhaps I explained it badly or perhaps they finally didn't think it would work) but I'm glad they didn't. It adjusts it in just the right place, and there's none of the excessive waisting that caused me to return the halfbelt. Second: I like the vintage cuffs, they make an interesting change from the storm cuffs, but you certainly notice it in the cold (and it's unusually cold in the UK at the moment); I keep getting chill little gusts up the arm. I also kept the cotton lining. The idea was to be able to wear this Aero throughout the warmer months – we shall see.

I shall try to post pics presently.

GriffDeLaGriff

One Too Many
This is gonna be interesting since I find the stuart very apealing.
I think it looks better then the halfbelt in the front.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mythic