Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Summer Suit

Indy Magnoli

Vendor
IndianaGuybrush said:
Hey IM, you may be on to something. Can your guys do a Marshall suit in a linen? I think it would look fantastic!

Easily... anyone interested? ;) The pure Irish linen I have available comes in several shades, but costs a bit more than my other fabrics. So the Marshall Suit, for example, would be around $599. If you're looking for a lower cost alternative, I may be able to source some linen blends (say about 75% linen). This would knock off about $100 from the cost.

Kind regards,
Magnoli

Indy Magnoli

Vendor
silhouette53 said:
So what does fresco look like ? I'd be intrigued to see a photo if anyone has one they could post

Here a link:

http%3a//www.hollandandsherry.com/collections/summer2000/hs247a.html

And a picture:

hs247a.jpg

Kind regards,
Magnoli

Marc Chevalier

Gone Home
Baron Kurtz said:
They stopped making it because poly blend came along? Or because it was itself a poly blend and therefore nasty? Doesn't feel like poly blend to me, so i guess the former.
Yes, it's the former. After World War II ended, U.S. textile manufacturers allied with DuPont, the chemical conglomerate, to produce a variety of non-wrinkling "summer" fabrics. Nylon, for instance, was used in mens suits, shirts, underwear, socks, ties, and even mesh spectator shoes. Palm Beach Cloth was a "secret" blend of linen, cotton and mohair. Artificial fibers drove it from the market.

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
silhouette53 said:
[/I]

So what does fresco look like ? I'd be intrigued to see a photo if anyone has one they could post

The hallmark of wool fresco is its open weave. No other weave breathes like fresco. For instance, I have midweight fresco that is cooler than featherweight Dupioni silk. The best way to judge the openness of a weave is to hold the fabric up to a light source.

Here's some lightweight fresco. It's like you ain't wearing nothing.

Shoes361.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nextstop1derland