Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Thread to Display Your 1930s Suits

Fastuni

Call Me a Cab
With your finds (and size) you are a very lucky guy.
This is a perfect 1930's suit. It's got about everything one could wish for.
Congratulations!

splintercellsz

I'll Lock Up
1930s K&M 3 Piece Suit.

The color is blue w/ white & grey stripes. No issues to be found. My photos do NOT do this suit justice.

03110.jpg

03610.jpg

03210.jpg

03310.jpg

03510.jpg

03710.jpg

splintercellsz

I'll Lock Up
Edit: Added new waistcoat photos.

The overcall condition of the suit is pretty good. The only issue is a moth hole on the sleeve, and a repair above the rear pocket... and the interior label falling out.

Last edited:

DamianM

Vendor
If you ever sell that suit and its my size count me in as first I'm loving how the pinstripes (PURPLE!) really accentuate the tailoring of this suit

Last edited:

Fastuni

Call Me a Cab
Smashing suit Splinter. But am I correct that the sleeves are rather short? Look like something around 22 inches at best.

splintercellsz

I'll Lock Up
If you ever sell that suit and its my size count me in as first I'm loving how the pinstripes (PURPLE!) really accentuate the tailoring of this suit

I agree, Damian! The color & pattern is amazing. Definately an eye-catcher for sure. My favorite part is that the diagonal stripes have texture to them. Very interesting.

Baron, absolutely stunning!

Benny Holiday

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Some great finds there gents. I've been stashing away bolts of heavy wool fabric for a while now, when I next visit the tailor
you've given me plenty of ideas to take with me!

Nick D

Call Me a Cab
That's an interesting finish on the back waist. Usually on backs with a seam at the waist the seam allowance is pressed open on the outside and covered by the belt. Here it looks like they were overlapped, with the lower piece's edge bound (am I correct that the stitching on the edge binding also sews the upper and lower sections together?), and the upper's edge covered by the belt. This would reduce bulk where the pleats are, I may try this on my next suit, which will have a center pleat and darts.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21