Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Twelve Steps Of Hataholics

SHARPETOYS said:
Roger and James -- My two sponsors, I am beyond saving at this point. I love my fedoras and newsboy caps. Hope you understand.

K.D. I know I can speak for JP. We love you very much. We will save you or just go down with you!! :cry: :cry:

More like go down with you. :p You are setting a bad example for us. Show some strength and fight.
Oh, Oh have to end this quick because an auction is coming due soon. :p

Regards to all,

J

B! Wear Cap

New in Town
Warning

Karol,
Once again thanks so much for the kind words.
Because in this community we are all about honesty (yes, even we enablers) I feel it my resposiblity to warn you about Brother Roger. I received an urgent message today that said that his order had arrived as nothing, but an empty box. However, in my life 57 Firsts of April have passed and each one of them has included a birthday celebration for me. Needless to say I was not April fooled.( In his defense he sent me a great birthday present)
Brett "Most people spend their entire lives becoming fools. I was born one"
Brett C. Stiles
PS Roger you didn't even mention the CD I sent you hope it wasn't thrown out with the packing paper.

SHARPETOYS

Call Me a Cab
What caps and a nice surprise!!

Sorry about the C D We were trying to fool you I forgot. We both love our new caps. The C D is Great. We appreciate it very much.

Happy Birthday Brett, The Master Capper.

The linen should be in next week and we will get it right out for more caps.
Regards,

Sharpey and Jo :) :) :cheers1: Be safe!!

I think I want to be a hat/cap agent. The man can sing.

K.D. Lightner

Call Me a Cab
Brett -- you were born on April 1st!? Cool....

I have to behave now for a few weeks, my bank account is low and my two sponsors shamed. They are probably ebaying as I write this.

But I shall return and be looking for more caps.

James -- if you can show me a photo of a repulsive hat, maybe I will be cured for a few days. You seem to know, better than others, where to find pictures of awful hats.

karol

K.D. Lightner said:
James -- if you can show me a photo of a repulsive hat, maybe I will be cured for a few days. You seem to know, better than others, where to find pictures of awful hats.

Gee thanks, I think. ;)
It is just one of those talents that one acquires. :rolleyes:
Let's see, check out this one and it should make you stop looking at hats:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=14065&item=8181482601&rd=1
Ew! Man that hat is ugly. :eek: I am staying away from eBay for a week. I already have my bids in. :)

Regards to all,

J

SHARPETOYS

Call Me a Cab

SHARPETOYS

Call Me a Cab

K.D. Lightner

Call Me a Cab
James -- Thanks for the photo. That hat is truly ugly; it looks like someone crawled sixty miles through cactus wearing it. And then expired. Years later, someone found the bones and took the hat. There it is, on ebay.

Thanks James, that will put me off buying hats for at least a week.

Roger -- I perused the linens and, from the look of them on my monitor, the Cerise and Olive look the best. However, one I thought looked deep red turned out to be orange, one I thought was pink was lilac, and one I thought was a rose red was fuschia/purple. What color is the Cerise linen? It looks red on my monitor. Is it my monitor? Do others see the colors I see.

Or, lordy, am I suffering from Hataholic DT's??

karol

SHARPETOYS

Call Me a Cab
The Cerise is a Gorgeous Classic Fuisa color

K.D. Lightner said:
James -- Thanks for the photo. That hat is truly ugly; it looks like someone crawled sixty miles through cactus wearing it. And then expired. Years later, someone found the bones and took the hat. There it is, on ebay.

Thanks James, that will put me off buying hats for at least a week.

Roger -- I perused the linens and, from the look of them on my monitor, the Cerise and Olive look the best. However, one I thought looked deep red turned out to be orange, one I thought was pink was lilac, and one I thought was a rose red was fuschia/purple. What color is the Cerise linen? It looks red on my monitor. Is it my monitor? Do others see the colors I see.

Or, lordy, am I suffering from Hataholic DT's??

karol

K.D.,

The Cerise is a gorgeous Classic Fuisa color :cool: . The Olive looks like a military OD color Ugly. :kick:

We are sending back the Olive and Turquoise linens. The Med weight Denim Blue linen I got is very nice. My favorite. I just hope Brett can use it!! :cry:
Regards,

Sharpey. ;)

K.D. Lightner

Call Me a Cab
Desperate

Well, today I wandered in to Kmart, a place I rarely ever shop, and was so desperate for contact with a hat, that I actually looked at the hats offered for sale in that place.

I don't have to tell you guys, that is just as bad as an alcoholic swigging mouthwash because no booze is available!

karol

Matt Deckard

Man of Action
Before you buy that suit, look around your local thrift shops and check out ebay.

It's addicting, though I think that the mental health benefits of looking good and dressing the way you really feel outweigh the detractions.

I love it when I stand out in the crowd, and people know I'm wearing my clothes and not the other way around.

K.D. Lightner said:
Well, today I wandered in to Kmart, a place I rarely ever shop, and was so desperate for contact with a hat, that I actually looked at the hats offered for sale in that place.

I don't have to tell you guys, that is just as bad as an alcoholic swigging mouthwash because no booze is available!

Well KD, it looks like you found a distraction as good as the ugly hat links I posted. I did one even better, I went to a HUGE and I mean huge antique market with hundreds of vendors. I couldn't find one hat in my size. Even more disturbing was finding a great Stetson Playboy in gray with a nicely detailed ribbon. The catch? Yeah, it was a size 7. Then I found a pair of cool toe cap spectators but they were size 8. I don't even want to mention the two $25 dollar 40s suits for $25 each. Again, they were about size 37-38. :cry: They might have fit my cat. :p It killed me but all I could find was an a New Yorker magazine from 1935 for a $1 and a green 1930s tie for $3. So I confess that I spent a whole $4 today. Geez, you would think with that many dealers there would have been at least one good hat for me. :p

Regards to all,

J

Biltmore Bob

Suspended
I've been wearing my new "summer" News Boy from Hat People, and no one else likes it. My family does not like it, my neighbors don't like it, people at my church don't like it. There is just no sense of style. I hope my loved ones don't have an intervention on me.

Most people think I'm going golfing or it's some kind of beret. I like it and I'm going to keep wearing it. I'm actually having Brett at B! Wear custom make one to my specs for me.

What I'm doing is called "Hat Saturation". I always wear a hat of some kind. Most people don't care one way or another. The worst thing you could do is ask "do you like my new hat". I just wear hats like I've been wearing them for years (which I have). It's all in the presentation.

K.D. Lightner

Call Me a Cab
James -- True, some of those hats at Kmart were as ugly as the one you showed me on ebay. And the colors were even worse. If you like neon pink and lime green straw (?) hats, you would enjoy these. Certainly, the price is right.

I will have to remember your experience in trying to find big hats. I had a problem years ago having very small, wide, feet with a high instep and arch. The only shoes that fit were boys shoes and women's golf shoes. Then, thank heaven, my feet grew.

Bob -- Hang in there. I have had compliments, but also stares and some criticism, because of my wearing caps and hats. And yet, at this point in my life, I actually feel not quite dressed when I go out without a hat. It's odd -- for years I loved hats and caps but would rarely wear them. Then, I started wearing them and now it doesn't feel right without one. I even wear them in the house sometimes.

karol

B! Wear Cap

New in Town
Linens

Karol,
Just wanted to let you know that I will send you swatches of the linens as they arrive. Mine are supposed to arrive today and I'm sure that Sharpey's will arrive shortly.
Your favorite enabler,
Brett

B! Wear Cap

New in Town
My gallery

It's hard to imagine that I would describe this group as shy, but I have yet to receive a pic of one of you wearing your B! Wear cap. As a blatant act of pandering I would like to suggest that as soon as I get a number of pics I will set up a special section of my gallery titled The Fedora Lounge Gang. the link to the gallery is at the bottom of my page.
http://mariposa.yosemite.net/bwear

I am now thinking of myself as the bartender of the hataholic crew.

Brett

K.D. Lightner

Call Me a Cab
Brett -- Wish I could show off my lovely new caps. I have to ask a friend to take photos of them, then I have to find a way to get them onto the lounge. I have had trouble trying to post things since they changed their format a couple of months ago.

I can't complain, I am one of the culprits who submitted over-large photos, not understanding that, just because I shrank them up on my computer didn't mean they would stay that way when I posted them onto the lounge.

The Photobucket thing confuses me. People have attempted to help me post, but it just doesn't happen. I need to bring over a techie friend to help me or I could email them to someone else to post, I guess.

As I write this, I am wearing my new black&white herringbone cap at work. They love the caps and I get lots of compliments on them. I would be happy to see the linens and any other swatches you want to send me. I am, after all, a capoholic as well as a hatoholic.

karol

The Wingnut

One Too Many
K.D. Lightner said:
I can't complain, I am one of the culprits who submitted over-large photos, not understanding that, just because I shrank them up on my computer didn't mean they would stay that way when I posted them onto the lounge.

The Photobucket thing confuses me. People have attempted to help me post, but it just doesn't happen. I need to bring over a techie friend to help me or I could email them to someone else to post, I guess.

karol

Just a few tips when posting photos:

Keep the file size for photos under 60k and you should be all right. Keep the largest dimension(height or width) under 700 pixels, and you'll still have plenty of detail, but it'll fit on everyone's screen. Use 'medium' jpg compression (basically right in the middle of the scale), and there shouldn't be an excessive amount of image corruption.

Hope that helps.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ALittleBitOfCompany