The ultimative Denim Trouser Thread?

Discussion in 'General Attire & Accoutrements' started by CatsCan, Oct 31, 2020.

1. handymike

handymike I'll Lock Up

There are a lot of places doing chainstitched hemming...after a few washes, I’d get them hemmed to 32” and cuff.

CatsCan and Sonero like this.
  2. Sonero

Sonero Practically Family

My suggestion with BS is to order your inseam 2 inches OVER your regular inseam to allow for ERROR and shrinkage. Otherwise you risk getting a pair that doesn't fit. As it is even without inseam issues there might be pants sizing issues . I will never order pants from BS again.

CatsCan likes this.
  3. Sonero

Just for kicks I purchased a pair of $13 jeans from Walmart. Rustler is actually owned by Wrangler. These are boot cut >>>>Made in 100% cotton. Arriba Mexico. :)
    Will put them on for a pic later on. These are a good 13.75/14oz cotton.
    20210204_151918.jpg 20210204_151936.jpg 20210204_151954.jpg

Edward, Spiney and handymike like this.
  4. Sonero

20210204_153528.jpg

Attached Files:

5. Spiney

Spiney Familiar Face

No one would know they are $13 jeans unless you told them. They look good.

handymike, Bamaboots and Sonero like this.
  6. Ernest P Shackleton

Ernest P Shackleton One Too Many

Rustler used to be one of the staples at feed and farm supply stores. Farmers and field workers going through a pair of jeans in a month or two, so there was a demand for $8-10 jeans. That price wasn't all that long ago either. Big Ben was another Wrangler utilitarian brand.

7. JustinW

JustinW Practically Family

Gustin American Sixteens about to turn 6 months:

FB80F96A-5ECF-4465-BEF9-15ED841DBDE6.jpeg

Sonero and CatsCan like this.
  8. CatsCan

CatsCan One of the Regulars

If you have a bureau-job, don't show this to your medical officer. He will immediately raise your chair.

Now, joke aside, looks pretty good!

JustinW likes this.
  9. JustinW

10. ctdair

ctdair New in Town

I've always tried to buy U.S. made products. Latest purchase has been from
    http://www.prisonblues.net/products. I like them. Had to go up 2inces from normal waist. Delivery time was slow , impacted by covid.

11. Sonero

I like the khaki ones but don't know if the 13oz fabric is too thin ? I don't know anything about whipcord material. I know about rip stop fabric and I don't like it. The little squares are unappealing.

12. JustinW

Whipcord is really just a twill - I just like the color of these.

I think I am going to get the dark olive pair. I also like the brown ticking stripe they added today.

13. sal

sal One of the Regulars

Broke down an ordered a pair of IronHearts.
    The 21oz is aaammmaaazzing

Sonero and JustinW like this.
  14. Sonero

The 25 0z are like owning a pair of high end leather pants.... just keep that in your thought$$$$ somewhere. :)

JustinW likes this.
  15. Edward

Edward Bartender

I did the same thing after the wife found them - ended up costing me around GBP35 or so with shipping to UK plus import costs. My only complaint is that the sellers I can find them through don't do what used to be "normal" black denim (so no contrast cuff), and don't seem to stock them with a leg longer than 34" in the black (Wrangler make them up to 38"). I only need a 31 inside leg, but I want them a few inches longer to get a decent cuff with at least two turns on it. Unless there's something special on them (a darker wash, wabash, or a different - wider - fit I also want), as long as these are available I'm done spending more on jeans.

I had a couple of pairs of those when they first came on the UK market about ten or twelve years ago. Very nice, well made. Would buy again, but sadly the dollar-rate on the pound seems to have pushed them up to more than I'd really want to spend on them. On my list of things to look at when I next make it to the states, as retail over there is, I know, a fraction of the UK price. I'm thinking seriously of taking a risk of going over there with minimal clothing in order to have lots of space to bring stuff back....

Bamaboots likes this.
  16. jdbenson

jdbenson One of the Regulars

I've wanted to try Prison Blues jeans for a while now, but I've been reluctant due to questions about sizing, and the front rise. Can you tell me what issues you had? What is the size and rise of what you ended up with? Thanks!

17. Edward

Edward Bartender

Those look great. Do they do something cut like the 13MWZ? If so, I'll have to add them to my list for when I next visit the US...

18. Sonero

A little wider in the hip and seat area. They come in black as well.

Edward likes this.
  19. Sonero

I have owned several PB items. The jeans are technically LOGGER / Work jeans. They have a loose baggy fit and many pockets. They come in at around 14oz. The hickory stripe work shirts are exceptional quality and so is their western denim jacket albeit a roomy fit in the shoulders and sleeves. Nothing from PB is a tailored fit. The chore coats are WAY TOO large in all sizes but are to be considered if a tailored look isn't your goal.

20. Ernest P Shackleton

Ernest P Shackleton One Too Many

Are there any pictures of those Prison Blues jeans from the back? I like the double-knee they have, but the site is terrible about photos. I'd like to see back pocket size and where they're placed.