Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Underappreciated

Mocheman

One of the Regulars
Honesty - Everybody today seems to have an angle. Or they bend the truth in order to fit a particular narrative. And good luck getting an apology if they do get caught.

I guess Billy Joel was right.

MisterCairo

I'll Lock Up
Respect from children and the duty of parents on teaching children to refer to non-related adults as "Mister" or "Missus" or "Ms" instead of insert first name here. I HATE it when kids refer to me by my first name like I'm one of their buddies! Some of our adult friends are so close our girls refer to them as Uncle or Auntie so and so, but other than that it's Mr. or Mrs.!

Yeps

Call Me a Cab
Unappreciated...

Trombonists (and any other horn players who can't get into playing in some Coffee Shop String Band :(

"Never look at the trombones, it only encourages them."

How do you get a trombone to sound like a french horn?
Stick your hand in the bell and play the wrong notes.

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
Oh, my God! :D
I have to agree about skirts.

Lizzie, well that's just awful. Isn't there any third party, interested in beuying/upholding the newspapers? Or is the shut-down final?

Newspapers are a part of my household, so I have to say I support purchasing them. They are a part of "culture" for most people, in my opinion. You read them for sales, for news, to see what is going on in your area and the world. You can look up to see what is on at the walk in theater, and to see the new born babies the local hospital just delivered. Newspapers are also a great source of gossip, and when you read the "letters to the editor" part of the newspapers, you get a chance to see some interesting statements mostly from people that are a bit grumpy for some reason or another. It also gives you information on weddings that are about to take place, so you know where to go for a free meal at the receptions! LOL!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran