Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Vintage Twinkie

MrBern

I'll Lock Up
Senator Jack said:
Hostess and Drake's Cakes will never be the same as long as they keep using corn syrup. They should have an 'originals' line made with the original recipes. You know how good Yodels and Yankee Doodles were back in the 70s? And whatever happened to Ring Ding Sr.?

I miss Yodels being in a foil wrapper. :(

I hear that one of the reasons for the corn syrup in baked goods is that it retains the moist texture.

Jack , do you remember Ebingers?
Rosie ODonnel once had someone dig out an Ebingers recipe so she could present the retro cake to Barbara Streisand.

MrBern

I'll Lock Up
TheDutchess said:
If the world blew up there would be roaches and twinkies left. lol

A girlfriend once asked me, in a crowded elevatator, how I could eat twinkies? I advised that they were more enjoyable as they became harder to find since they were all made in one huge batch in the `50s as bombshelter treats for the kids. REALLY? Oh, yeah baby, I would never lie to you. And the whole elevator broke up.

HadleyH

I'll Lock Up
Oh, yeah baby

MrBern said:
A girlfriend once asked me, in a crowded elevatator, how I could eat twinkies? I advised that they were more enjoyable as they became harder to find since they were all made in one huge batch in the `50s as bombshelter treats for the kids. REALLY? Oh, yeah baby, I would never lie to you. And the whole elevator broke up.

OMG MrBern! :eek: I'd take that as a sign from above! lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner