Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The World According to Jack Webb

LizzieMaine

Bartender
Don't forget "Adam-12," which ran concurrently with the color Dragnet series in the late 60s/early 70s, and was produced in much the same way with many of the same people. Kent McCord, who co-starred, was Webb's protege and learned much from him about technique.

Kirk H.

One Too Many
I loved that show and remember watching it religiously as a kid. I still watch it when it comes on in reruns. One of the best episodes was called Elegy for a Pig. It was narrated by Webb and dealt with a Line of Duty death and the aftermath for the officers and family.
I remember reading an interview with Webb where he talked about creating Dragnet. He had already produced two private detective radio shows (Pat Novak for Hire and Jeff Reagan) and was working on an idea for a third. The character Joe Friday was going to be a private detective. This was in 1948 and he was working on the film “He Walked by Night”. During a lunch break he was talking with one of the LAPD Detectives who was assigned as a technical advisor for the movie and that was when he decided to make Friday a Police Officer and Dragnet was born.

skyvue

Call Me a Cab
Don't forget "Adam-12," which ran concurrently with the color Dragnet series in the late 60s/early 70s, and was produced in much the same way with many of the same people. Kent McCord, who co-starred, was Webb's protege and learned much from him about technique.

Not only was ADAM-12 produced by Webb's company, Mark VII Ltd., but so were EMERGENCY! and HEC RAMSEY.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy