Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Thedi buffalo shawl collar L SOLD

Marc mndt

I'll Lock Up
I'm selling this beautiful buffalo leather Thedi Shawl collar. These were sold at Harry Damson's Speedshop in Berlin for €1450.

Size large.

Pit to pit 22.25'
Shoulder width 18.5'
Back length 24.75'
Sleeve length 25.5'
Bottom hem width 20'

Asking €650 net to me. PayPal f&f. Buyer pays actual shipping costs.

Don't hesitate to contact me if you have any questions.

775FE29B-7438-4524-95AA-BECD6AAB263F.jpeg
21365776-1895-46DE-B654-50BB1BC29FB0.jpeg
63DBAB1D-D1B9-4D12-B678-6440BEEC32C2.jpeg
5401B77E-47DD-416D-BD86-8D849573B77E.jpeg
2AB2A74A-971A-4E7D-A0E1-FE366589A91B.jpeg
A4BABE7B-0A52-4EC3-A5E4-E5D2E0B8E3B1.jpeg
0D41A68C-53B4-4CE1-AB59-D1A1E78D0299.jpeg
06488690-3693-49F2-8841-966DF88B0A01.jpeg
2F2DECEE-DC8E-4EC8-B711-694ED7157E07.jpeg
F2B58E5B-5CE2-41A0-9CC5-70396492274B.jpeg

Berto

One of the Regulars
I'm selling this beautiful buffalo leather Thedi Shawl collar. These were sold at Harry Damson's Speedshop in Berlin for €1450.

Size large.

Pit to pit 22.25'
Shoulder width 18.5'
Back length 24.75'
Sleeve length 25.5'
Bottom hem width 20'

Asking €650 net to me. PayPal f&f. Buyer pays actual shipping costs.

Don't hesitate to contact me if you have any questions.

View attachment 284241 View attachment 284240 View attachment 284242 View attachment 284243 View attachment 284244 View attachment 284245 View attachment 284246 View attachment 284247 View attachment 284248 View attachment 284249
Shit, unfortunately is bigger than my actual size.

Marc, good luck. I think this is gonna fly soon.

Robbie79

Call Me a Cab
TBH I don’t understand why you are selling this beauty as it fits you perfectly! I wished it was one inch tighter...but let me think about it...wearing a thicker jumper or in combination with my new Thedi Shearling best would result in a better fit. Man, I‘m so tempted...I hope someone decides to buy it till tomorrow. GLWS!!

Cognoscente

One of the Regulars
SOLD

There were quite a few loungers interested in the Thedi. Thank you all for your interest. Most of the conversations were very pleasant, respectful and polite. Unfortunately, this could not be said for all of them.

Edit : typo
Man, I was torn between this jacket and the Field Leathers that came up at the same time ( which I ultimately bought). Sorry to hear you got some turds on your lawn while trying to make a peaceful sale. Shocking that FL lets them stick around acting like that. Maybe they should stick to EBay where they thrive.

Marc mndt

I'll Lock Up
Man, I was torn between this jacket and the Field Leathers that came up at the same time ( which I ultimately bought).
You bought a great jacket from Boris. Can't go wrong with Field Leathers. One of Greg's earliest master pieces. Congrats.

Sorry to hear you got some turds on your lawn while trying to make a peaceful sale. Shocking that FL lets them stick around acting like that. Maybe they should stick to EBay where they thrive.
I was actually somewhat surprised to see TFL members begging for a better deal. An already good deal imo. I'm not making any money on it and that's ok since that's not my motivation for selling it here.
If my asking price is above your budget then it's not for you, and that's ok. But please don't start begging or lowballing. There are plenty of other great - lower price point- jackets listed on the classifieds

AeroFan_07

I'll Lock Up
I was actually somewhat surprised to see TFL members begging for a better deal. An already good deal imo. I'm not making any money on it and that's ok since that's not my motivation for selling it here.
If my asking price is above your budget then it's not for you, and that's ok. But please don't start begging or lowballing. There are plenty of other great - lower price point- jackets listed on the classifieds

-- This to a Tee. Generally speaking I list items here on FL at he best price I can offer it, and discount the shipping as much as possible. Ebay (since there are fees) I tend to bump them up a bit. i am a horrible sales-person. I think I can count on one hand the number of items over my entire life-time I have ever sold for a profit.

Berto

One of the Regulars
You bought a great jacket from Boris. Can't go wrong with Field Leathers. One of Greg's earliest master pieces. Congrats.

Congrats for such quick deal.

650€ was a very good price for a Thedi Buffalo jacket in good condition.

Last edited:
You're doing lowballers a tremendous favor by turning down their offers.
If someone really, really wants something, they'd have agreed to any asking price - especially if it's really crazy good, like yours ITT - provided of course they have enough money for it. If they can't afford it in the first place, well, luxury leather jacket is literally the last thing they need.

Carlos840

I'll Lock Up
When i was selling my San Mateo i had it at $1750, which was i thought a good deal for a brand new pretty rare jacket. Some douche spent ages sending me weekly $1000 offers, saying he was tryign to help me out, that i should think about how i lived my life, that i should sell it to him, he only stopped after i told him i would never EVER sell him anything...
Some people have no shame.

Marc mndt

I'll Lock Up
Even if I offered s/h for sale at this forum that was practically new at 50 percent of the rrp, I was accused of my prices being too expensive. There are really shameless people :(
Crazy right? I was told by some guy that his offer was a fair price for my jacket. Who is he to tell me what is or isn't a fair asking price.

I wonder whether these kind of guys ever actually buy something. I can't imagine a seller saying "know what, you can have my €1500 jacket for €400". If I (as a seller) needed the money that bad, I shouldn't be buying high end jackets in the first place.

Crazy right? I was told by some guy that his offer was a fair price for my jacket. Who is he to tell me what is or isn't a fair asking price.

I wonder whether these kind of guys ever actually buy something. I can't imagine a seller saying "know what, you can have my €1500 jacket for €400". If I (as a seller) needed the money that bad, I shouldn't be buying high end jackets in the first place.

Even if I offered s/h for sale at this forum that was practically new at 50 percent of the rrp, I was accused of my prices being too expensive. There are really shameless people :(

I've been wanting to start a topic on this subject for a while now, how debating prices at this point is completely moot.

I strongly believe that on purely luxury things like these, NO price whatsoever is too steep and if you want something, be ready to spend as much money as needed.
If you don't have enough money to buy, say, a new Freewheelers jacket, don't go around looking for a bargain on one. Finding a nice used Freewheelers at half a price is really awesome but not something anyone should rely on, if money is an issue.

Reasoning like Oh, spending $800 on something I can buy for $150 is reasonable, but $1500 is insane is a ridiculous approach to this hobby.

Marc mndt

I'll Lock Up
I've been wanting to start a topic on this subject for a while now, how debating prices at this point is completely moot.

I strongly believe that on purely luxury things like these, NO price whatsoever is too steep and if you want something, be ready to spend as much money as needed.
If you don't have enough money to buy, say, a new Freewheelers jacket, don't go around looking for a bargain on one. Finding a nice used Freewheelers at half a price is really awesome but not something anyone should rely on, if money is an issue.

Reasoning like Oh, spending $800 on something I can buy for $150 is reasonable, but $1500 is insane is a ridiculous approach to this hobby.
Maybe you should start a topic. I'd like to share my view.

Last edited:

Will Zach

I'll Lock Up
These persistent lowballers could be just flippers. Hope these were not long standing TFL members or I'd be very disappointed. In most cases here members just break even or even take a small loss on a jacket so that another member could enjoy the heck out of it. All lowballers will accomplish is that prime jackets will be offered by PM, since we all know our measurements anyway...:(

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GokhanB