Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Thedi buffalo shawl collar L SOLD

Marc mndt

I'll Lock Up
It happened to me as well and I was pretty surprised at the time. Then I realised these people talk a lot but never seem to buy/show any jacket... very weird!
You're right. I did a quick search through the WJAYWT thread. I only found comments on others, zero actual contributions.
Of course, some people choose not to share photo's of themselves on the internet. Which is perfectly understandable. But it does strike me as odd. Why spend so much time commenting on other people's jackets, lowballing in the classifieds. Without having anything to show for yourself or without ever actually buying something from a fellow lounger. What is it all for then?

Edit: typo

Last edited:

Harris HTM

One Too Many
You're right. I did a quick search through the WJAYWT thread. I only found comments on others, zero actual contributions.
Of course, some people choose not to share photo's of themselves on the internet. Which is perfectly understandable. But it does strike me as odd. Why spend so much time commenting on other people's jackets, lowballing in the classifieds. Without having anything to show for yourself or without ever actually buying something from a fellow lounger. What is it all for then?

Edit: typo

Maybe they posted them in other threads? I've been a member a couple of years here, own more than 20 leather, nylon flight, parka, and peacoat jackets, posted a couple of them here, but never on the WJAYWT thread.
That said, I have never sold or bought anything here, but I'd be pissed off as well if I offered an excellent jacket at less than 50% of the retail price and still people considered the price too high.

Marc mndt

I'll Lock Up
Maybe they posted them in other threads? I've been a member a couple of years here, own more than 20 leather, nylon flight, parka, and peacoat jackets, posted a couple of them here, but never on the WJAYWT thread.
That said, I have never sold or bought anything here, but I'd be pissed off as well if I offered an excellent jacket at less than 50% of the retail price and still people considered the price too high.
Fair point. But I can name at least three of your jackets and a couple of boots/shoes, without having to search the forum:)
Also, you contribute with your insights and knowledge based on your own experiences. Your presence is much more than just commenting on others.

Marc mndt

I'll Lock Up
I’m hopeful the post alone will do that.
I know for a fact this wasn't just an incident of someone wanting a jacket real bad but not having the funds for it, since other members have pm'd me sharing their exact same experiences with the same 'buyers'.

But I really don't want to go naming and shaming. Let's hope those 'buyers' will read my post and realize their behavior is not appreciated here on the Lounge.

Whom the cap fits, let him wear it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biker uk