Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

They've done it again! A new silent film set in black and white and Golden ERA!

Mr Vim

One Too Many
Here is the trailer for The Artist, I hope this is out while I'm on vacation so I can see it!

[video=youtube;IzghZWJdMnQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IzghZWJdMnQ&feature=player_embedded#at=73[/video]

Chasseur

Call Me a Cab
Looks great!.
Added bonus, its with the always fun Jean Dujardin. He was in the recent OSS 177 spy spoof series. The first one OSS 117 Cairo: Nest of Spies, its great fun. This film is with the same director, Michel Hazanavicius, who not only makes period films, but he tries to research how they were made and film them like they were in the past. Also with the same lovely Berenice Bejo.

The OSS 117 movies were made in the style (and with 1950s technology and filmmaking techniques) of the first James Bond movies with plenty of homages to both the 1960s spy genre and various Hitchcock films.
[video=youtube;SUpq1PP20CE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SUpq1PP20CE[/video]

Last edited:

Mr Vim

One Too Many
Binkie, that is a good point, it seems to give a lot away, but isn't that how the old trailers used to be?

The outfits look fantastic in this! I neglected to say that earlier.

HadleyH

I'll Lock Up
Thank you very much Girl Friday!:D I am looking forward to that one!

By the way I just read the Jean Dujardin , the French actor, has just won the best actor award at Cannes :eusa_clap for his role in this film as a silent movie star who falls into depression when "the talkies" begin.

He looks so much like John Gilbert, it's amazing!!! and that's what i love about european filmakers, they cast adults who look like adults in films and not only teenagers like we see in so many american films! I adore european films!

Jean Dujardin in the film "The Artist"
The-Artist3-535x802.jpg

The-Artist1-535x411.jpg

Marla

A-List Customer
Making it in black and white was a good choice. Since they didn't have a Hollywood budget it makes the costumes look more convincing than they would in color.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ALittleBitOfCompany