1. Thread galleries are live! Please let us know what you think of them in the thread in the Observation Bar.

Things that make you smile

Discussion in 'The Observation Bar' started by BlueTrain, Aug 21, 2016.

1. 2jakes

2jakes I'll Lock Up

B4238F4B-F896-471A-8C64-6662FFA679BE.jpeg

2. Fading Fast

Fading Fast

The wife of a couple who are friends of ours called us late Thursday night to see if we could watch their dog Friday (we've never done that for them) as she needed to have, all but, emergency surgery Friday morning for a post-op infection that isn't healing. So, yesterday, they dropped him off at 5am with us on their way to the 5:30am hospital appointment.

The really good news is that the infection wasn't as deep or bad as feared and they sent her home yesterday (after she came out of recovery). That really made us smile (had it been deeper, it would have not been good). But this also had us smiling - their English Springer Spaniel, Nicky, sitting next to me as I worked, watching the perimeter for us (pic 1) and, then, giving the all-is-okay sign and taking a snooze (pic 2).

For a dog not familiar with the city, he did really well.

IMG_5568.JPG IMG_5569.JPG

Tukwila, vitanola, Woodtroll and 3 others like this.
  3. 2jakes

2jakes I'll Lock Up

I hope your friend has a speedy recovery!

vitanola, Fading Fast and Zombie_61 like this.
  4. Woodtroll

Woodtroll A-List Customer

Good friends and good dogs are both important. I hope your friend has a fast and complete recovery!

Zombie_61, vitanola and Fading Fast like this.