Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Things that make you smile

GHT

I'll Lock Up
I miss the Eurovision Song Contest. At least they can parody themselves:
The one and only time that I have seen Eurovision was in 1961. That was because I was laid up in hospital having been knocked down on a pedestrian crossing, by a driver, who saw my predicament, yet still drove off.

The hospital that I was in was a recovery type of place, I was there for almost a year.

For Eurovision that year, a TV was installed, high up, at the end of the ward, so that all could see it. That year the British entry was: "Are You Sure," by The Alisons. They came second to: "Nous Les Amoureux" by Jean-Claude Pascal. How I loathed the enforced viewing, I couldn't even read my book because of the noise from patients and nurses watching the TV.

Now if you want to see things that make you smile, look no further than my wife's dear friend. When she's had a few the inhibitions drop. Last year, we sent this lady a Christmas card with an enlargement of this picture, cut out around the profile and glued inside the card. She loved it. Does it make you smile?

camera 4 085.JPG

I had no idea that's where that was from.

They play that song in rotation on the Antenne Bayern Schlagersahne station.

I'm not going to be able to get that video out of my head for the rest of the day now.

Dschinghis Khan is still around. But Wolfgang Heichl (left) and the two women are the only original members. Laszlo "Lesley" Mandoki left early on to pursue a solo career, and Louis Potgieter (the tall guy) and Steve Bender (right) have since passed away.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot