Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

This or That

A nice Bockwurst with mustard or a bar of chocolate? :D

Probably unfair of me to answer for two reasons: (1) I only have a faint idea of what Bockwurst is (I'm assuming one of the many impressive variations of German sausages) and (2) you said bar of chocolate (or was it heaven on earth?).

Chocolate Bar

Milk or dark chocolate?

Sore throat every day of the week. Migraines have been the curse of my life since I was ten years old.

Hammer your thumb with a hammer or drop a brick on your toe?

First one. I wouldn't like a walking-handicap. :D

Drinking your old-fashioned sage-tea (like I do at the moment) for your sore throat or just gurgle with it? ;)

2jakes

I'll Lock Up
First one. I wouldn't like a walking-handicap. :D

Drinking your old-fashioned sage-tea (like I do at the moment) for your sore throat or just gurgle with it? ;)

I use mouth wash or honey, but if i had to use tea, I would just gargle with it.
I have really tried to like tea,
but I just haven’t found any that I can enjoy. Same with coffee, although I do enjoy
the aroma more than the taste.

When you go to bed do you prefer.

Pillows?

No pillows?

Pillows or my neck hurts the morning - basically shove the pillow under my for support.

Sleeping in bed or napping on your favorite sofa? I've come to the point in life, where I prefer a good hour nap on my sofa to sleeping in bed. When my girlfriend has been away for a night, I've sometimes slept on the sofa all night.

LizzieMaine

Bartender
I used to be able to sleep on the couch until my back went, now I need a proper bed. Even after I took the couch apart and restrung all the springs to try and make it more comfortable.

Make the bed every day or just leave it until it comes apart and you redo the whole thing anyway?

2jakes

I'll Lock Up
I used to be able to sleep on the couch until my back went, now I need a proper bed. Even after I took the couch apart and restrung all the springs to try and make it more comfortable.

Make the bed every day or just leave it until it comes apart and you redo the whole thing anyway?

Bed daily.

How do you wake up in the morning....

Alarm clock?

Other?

2jakes

I'll Lock Up
Cat. If I try to stay in bed past eight o'clock she bites my face until I get up to feed her. Implied threat is well-taken.

Brush your teeth before breakfast or after breakfast?

I wake up to "Polo the motor-boat” ( loud purring in my ear)
or he lays on my chest.
If that don’t work...the nails come out !
And I have nasal problems, so I probably sleep with my mouth opened.
I wake up with the taste of having eaten the Sahara sands with camel droppings.
So I brush my teeth & rinse before.
But I also brush after breakfast.
And I yield to others to respond...

Brush your teeth before or after breakfast ?

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
Cat. If I try to stay in bed past eight o'clock she bites my face until I get up to feed her. Implied threat is well-taken.

Brush your teeth before breakfast or after breakfast?
Before & After!---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ELCO Motor Yachts or Huckins Yahts?

Before & After!---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ELCO Motor Yachts or Huckins Yahts?

First one.

Everytime buying a new handsoap-dispenser for your washbowl, if its consumed or refill it from the "supply bottle"? :D

LizzieMaine

Bartender
I have a gas-station Boraxo dispenser in my bathroom, and I get Boraxo in a five-pound carton from the local wholesale house.

1592cfa7e50c6bf5f8608a69aa22c012.jpg

One filling of the dispenser lasts a year, and I'm still using the carton I bought in 2013.

Push the snow away or fling it with the shovel?

Push as my 51 year old back can only take so much. But if I do "fling" I bend at the knees, not the back - amazing how much better that is for the back, but not as much fun as when you were 15 years old and did whatever you wanted and your body just happily went along for the ride.

The sound of snow crunching, almost squeaking, under your feet or the sound of rain hitting off your roof and windows?

Rain. You don't have to shovel rain.

Leaky roof or leaky cellar?

Roof, usually the problem can be identified and fixed - for a cost. Cellar leaks can require much more sleuthing which is not what you want to do with water coming in. And if the cellar leak is structural - it can get silly expensive.

The way football players celebrate, to some degree, after ever good play today or the old days of just tossing the ball to the umpire and going back to the huddle like nothing special happened? (I know that sometimes there isn't a celebration today and sometimes they celebrated back in the '60s, but overall, I think the style has changed significantly.)

I have a gas-station Boraxo dispenser in my bathroom, and I get Boraxo in a five-pound carton from the local wholesale house.

One filling of the dispenser lasts a year, and I'm still using the carton I bought in 2013.

Push the snow away or fling it with the shovel?

Aaah, that's cute, Wiki got it! :D
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boraxo
I see, it's the same like the german Borax, like "Kaiser Borax" and so on. Popular in earlier days, for cleaning your shaving-brush and so on. ;) In Germany, it's forbidden by law, to purchase it to private persons since 2009. Outdated, because too heavy for todays hygienic-products. :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twiceadaysana