Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

thoughts new langlitz site ?

Oh man that looks damn good from here...but I know pics don't always tell the whole story...did you spec a false cuff with storm cuffs on the sleeves? I've never seen that on a Langlitz. Very cool jacket and you know Langlitz won't rest until you are satisfied.

Colin G

One Too Many
Oh man that looks damn good from here...but I know pics don't always tell the whole story...did you spec a false cuff with storm cuffs on the sleeves? I've never seen that on a Langlitz. Very cool jacket and you know Langlitz won't rest until you are satisfied.

Langlitz offers a tight, snug, medium or loose fit. I think I have a tight fit and I asked for a more fitted jacket. If I have a large x-mas meal with turkey ect, this thing won't fit after. If I gain a few lbs over winter like I sometimes do, this won't fit.

I feel like a turd asking to send it back but it is just too tight and almost uncomfortable. I need more length in the sleeves also.

The shoulders, pit area and sleeve circumference fit perfect however, which I can't really say about any other jacket I have owned, but could use a bit more room at the wrist. You could not zip the sleeves fully and wear an under the sleeve type of glove. The waist taper is too much and can barely fit over a belt (it was tight). Forget about driving a car or motorcycle with it. Sleeves pull up too much for my liking. This is a stand still and don't move kind of it.

Maybe one of the guys in Japan got my Jacket instead. Lol.

Ton, that cuff has no storm cuff inside. It is a regular zipped sleeve/false cuff. I really like it. They call it a Red Dog cuff.

I am sure it will loosen up a bit but forget about any kind of body weight fluctuation. If I gained 5 lb it would be all over.

The back is quite beautiful. Anyone want to come finish off my base boards?
DSC_0132.JPG

I am %100 certain they will make it perfect so I have no worries there.

My apologies for hijacking this thread.

Last edited:

sweetfights

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Killer “looking” jacket. The back is stunning.
I experienced the same regarding perfect shoulder, chest and upper body fit! That is where all my other jackets failed to one degree or another. I went with snug fit and could not be happier. I was in the process of losing some belly fat when I ordered and subtracted one inch from my actual waist measure. When I received my first black medium weight Cossack collar sidewinder it was too snug at the waist but true to my plan I lost an inch of belly fat and now it fits perfectly. I will say however, Langlitz regular cowhide has less “stretch” than their “coloured” leather. My second sidewinder is dark brown.

Colin G

One Too Many
I lost some weight also but definitely do not need to lose more. I am as thin as I have ever been except for maybe right out of high school.

I wanted to be able to wear a long sleeve shirt underneath like a collared denim shirt, which is the most I would wear. No chance of that.

A tight t-shirt is all that can fit and need a shoe horn to get into that jacket. If it was ordered as a tight fit I don't think I'd be able to zip it up.

I can see now why you'd want more room. It is a gorgeous jacket, really like the specs...that sleeve cuff is phenomenal. Can't wait to see the actual finished product. Off to a damn good start, that's for sure...

Colin G

One Too Many
I can see now why you'd want more room. It is a gorgeous jacket, really like the specs...that sleeve cuff is phenomenal. Can't wait to see the actual finished product. Off to a damn good start, that's for sure...

Thanks Ton, it is really nice and I am excited but a bit sad it did not fight right out of the gate. I knew as soon as I pulled it out of the box, without even trying it on that it would be too small.

First world problems so in the grand scheme of things, not a big deal at all.

sweetfights

Thanks Ton, it is really nice and I am excited but a bit sad it did not fight right out of the gate. I knew as soon as I pulled it out of the box, without even trying it on that it would be too small.

Do not feel the least bit of reluctance in returning. Langlitz wants you fully satisfied!! Looks amazing,and before you know it you will have a jacket that fits perfectly. Did you go with medium or light cowhide? I forget.

rolf s

New in Town
I think the fit looks great on the pictures, but it might be different in real life. It would most likely loosen up some around the chest, back/stomach with some wear.

What model Langlitz is it?

El Marro

Colin,
I had this problem with both of my Langlitz jackets. They were both beautifully made and yet a little too tight at the waist and hips. Have no fear though, as others have said, Langlitz will take care of this and your next jacket will be perfect!

Colin G

One Too Many
Colin,
I had this problem with both of my Langlitz jackets. They were both beautifully made and yet a little too tight at the waist and hips. Have no fear though, as others have said, Langlitz will take care of this and your next jacket will be perfect!

El Marro, I have no doubts about them taking care of it. I just hate to wait another couple of months but that is the way it goes.

I am one of those guys that does not like wasting a piece of tinfoil so sending a jacket back will make me feel guilty but they should be able to sell the jacket easily enough. I guess if it was pink leather I'd feel more guilty, since no person in their right mind would buy such a thing.

sweetfights

El Marro, I have no doubts about them taking care of it. I just hate to wait another couple of months but that is the way it goes.

I am one of those guys that does not like wasting a piece of tinfoil so sending a jacket back will make me feel guilty but they should be able to sell the jacket easily enough. I guess if it was pink leather I'd feel more guilty, since no person in their right mind would buy such a thing.

Even a pink Langlitz would find a loving home I suspect.

Regarding returning your jacket:
Do not feel bad; this is the perfect advertising forum Langlitz appreciates to demonstrate their A plus customer service fit guarantee.

Colin G

One Too Many
I have one coming by Jan 23. I hope my fit is spot on. It is medium cow with medium fit

What type of fit did you choose? Very snug, snug, medium, or loose?

I chose snug fit but maybe medium was the right way to go. I think their snug, would be my version of a very snug or tight fit. I think of a Thedi to be a snug or fitted jacket but this can all be interpreted differently by the individual.

Psant25

One Too Many
What type of fit did you choose? Very snug, snug, medium, or loose?

I chose snug fit but maybe medium was the right way to go. I think their snug, would be my version of a very snug or tight fit. I think of a Thedi to be a snug or fitted jacket but this can all be interpreted differently by the individual.

I chose medium fit. Gave them all measurements and that is pretty much it. It is a standard columbia. I am a little anxious about the fit and hoping it all works out. The fact their customer service is top notch helps.

Last edited by a moderator:

sweetfights

Scott at Langlitz suggested there is actually no difference between snug and tight fit. He explained that when people choose the "tight" fit it is a red flag for them to ask more questions about the the clients preferred fit/expectations (my paraphrase).

AeroFan_07

I'll Lock Up
Colin, that is a beautiful jacket indeed, regardless! How do you like/dislike the pleats in the back? That would be one thing I have no experance with. I'd just let Bennie know and send it on it's way. Sure hope the new one is a better fit but will look just as well. I like the hide & yokes on that jacket a lot. Also I'm with you on the sleeve length.

Baseboards? Ha - yes remodling in my home and these are all being painted, updated, etc. Eventually in the new year I'll be in there with new flooring, so a lot of time near those baseboards.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21