1. Thread galleries are live! Please let us know what you think of them in the thread in the Observation Bar.

thoughts new langlitz site ?

Discussion in 'Outerwear' started by Psant25, Dec 6, 2018.

1. Psant25

Psant25 Familiar Face

I do not see this was posted yet. any thoughts on the new langlitz site ? specifically the pictures used ? i think they should have used more pics like attached ... bennie in one pic is wearing a yuuuuge columbia. im guessing just off the rack stuff. Screenshot_20181206-093716_Instagram.jpg Screenshot_20181206-093729_Instagram.jpg Screenshot_20181206-093759_Instagram.jpg

2. Carlos840

Carlos840 One Too Many

It's definitely a big improvement from the old drawings, but IMO the pictures aren't the most flattering.
    The arms look very baggy in most pics, i have seen fit pics on TFL that had better fits than the ones they used...

Last edited: Dec 6, 2018
    Psant25 likes this.
  3. dannyk

dannyk A-List Customer

I didnt realize they updated the site,so thanks for sharing. I just popped over there and looked around. Its a huge improvement over their former site, but I still dont get how these companies are so bad at taking pictures of their products. I mean seriously. Schott has theres on that white background that makes them look lifeless. Lost Worlds has the most archaic site in existence. Aeros are dull and boring. Vanson is very similar to Langlitz their new site is incredible compared to their former site, but their pictures are mostly of older white guys with bellies, and some of their language is reminiscent of Stuarts at LW. One day some maker is going to figure out how to take good pictures.

El Marro and Psant25 like this.
  4. ton312

ton312 I'll Lock Up

That D pocket tho....

5. ton312

ton312 I'll Lock Up

And I wish they would triple their profit margins by publishing their "in stock" or "pre-owned" selections.

El Marro, roadking04, JMax and 2 others like this.
  6. Carlos840

Carlos840 One Too Many

Where? I don't see a D pocket? I like D pocketses...

ton312 likes this.
  7. ton312

ton312 I'll Lock Up

From the Japanese insta:
    [​IMG]

8. Justhandguns

Justhandguns Practically Family

Well, those are from Langlitz Japan?

Where as their US site is simply........ horrible. Most fit pictures are like putting a dad's jacket into a 5yr old child. If I do not know them by their reputation and had seen them in real life, I certainly would not want to buy from them....

[​IMG]

Seriously.........

dannyk, ton312 and Carlos840 like this.
  9. Carlos840

Carlos840 One Too Many

Nice, it's similar to the shape they use on the Death's head Cascade.
    Does anyone know if you can order the japanese models in the US? Or are they japanese market only?

10. ton312

ton312 I'll Lock Up

You are absolutely right. They should've paid @sweetfights to post some pics of his jackets!

11. Guppy

Guppy Call Me a Cab

What is the death's head Cascade?

12. Psant25

Psant25 Familiar Face

Screenshot_20181206-110443_Instagram.jpg

ton312, Guppy and Carlos840 like this.
  13. Psant25

Psant25 Familiar Face

i like this ... Screenshot_20181206-110601_Instagram.jpg

Corky Corcovado, lina and ton312 like this.
  14. Carlos840

Carlos840 One Too Many

Corky Corcovado, ton312 and dannyk like this.
  15. Psant25

Psant25 Familiar Face

Screenshot_20181206-111404_Instagram.jpg

ton312 likes this.
  16. Carlos840

Carlos840 One Too Many

That's actually how i was thinking of ordering it, with the shoulder gussets and the pin stripe rather than the stock single center gusset two piece back.
    Glad to see they offer it as an option, thanks for posting.

Psant25 likes this.
  17. Guppy

Guppy Call Me a Cab

The Death's Head Cascade sure is far out. I have never seen its like before. The extreme angle of the main zipper makes me think it must be awkward to wear unzipped. And I'm not really a fan of the visible snap heads over the zipper flap.

I do think that Langlitz should get better photos of their products for the website, but in general I'm glad they updated the site with actual photos rather than illustrations. While the illustrations were good, they don't convey the product as well as real photos can. These photos, they should have gotten a better model, better photographer, and fit the jackets to the model to show what they're really capable of being.

I don't really mind that these small makers have clunky, or even outright bad, websites. I keep thinking that if they had put a lot of budget into their websites, they'd just end up with more demand than they can keep up with. The result would be either very long wait for your order to be produced, or they scale up the business to keep up with demand, and then you lose the personal touch of emailing the guy who actually makes the jackets and is the same guy who owns the company, and talking to him about your order, and probably a lot of customization options, or they raise prices, or all three.

18. ton312

ton312 I'll Lock Up

Nobody, no maker, anywhere on the planet can configure the back of a jacket as well as Langlitz...my GOD....it's really something when the back is as cool if not cooler, than the front!

Last edited: Dec 6, 2018
    dannyk likes this.
  19. Guppy

Guppy Call Me a Cab

I was in Portland in October, and visited Langlitz, and had a look through their selection of used jackets. I didn't find anything that appealed to me. But I was a bit surprised at the way some of their leather looked. Not all of it is like the jackets that I've handled personally, some of them were very nondescript and uninspiring. I actually felt so bad about it that I decided not to post about it here, so as not to detract from their reputation or create controversy here.

Out of the 9 Langlitz jackets I've owned, all of them were drastically more impressive than most of the stuff I saw for sale on their used rack. And I paid less for them on ebay and etsy than they charge for their used stock. They certainly are capable of amazing quality, no doubt about it, but I came away from the visit appreciating that they are equally capable of producing average looking, unremarkable jackets that look no better than a Wilson's mall jacket.

ton312 likes this.
  20. rolf s

rolf s New in Town

What are the price range on their used/stock jackets?