Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

thoughts new langlitz site ?

Psant25

One Too Many
This was the same reaction I got when I called about my first Columbia. It wasn’t nearly as tight as yours but it was tighter than requested and left no room to tighten the waist cinches. Since the jacket was wearable I did keep it for another month to see if anything changed, even tried wearing it with a couple bulky vests underneath to stretch things out. In the end I sent it back as I had wanted to from the beginning and the remake fit perfectly.
I had the same exact experience with my straight zipper Cascade, which surprised me because they had already made two jackets for me. Also, I had requested a looser fit for this jacket. This time I was not interested in wearing the jacket for a month or two to see if it loosened up, I sent it back immediately.
In January I went to Langlitz with a custom order for a straight zip CHP in heavy brown cowhide. They took my deposit but then a week later informed me they were going to decline my custom order because of our “track record” with remakes. I was a bit pissed off and insulted by this to be honest. If they had been able to make me jackets that fit the first time I would’ve been happy to wear them.
The recent experience soured me a bit on Langlitz. I love the two jackets I have from them but I don’t think I will look to them for anything in the future, at least until Stuart at LW starts turning me down...
Wow that is no good. I would be pretty pissed too. You would think they would just know the correct size by the first remake and use those numbers going forward

El Marro

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Wow that is no good. I would be pretty pissed too. You would think they would just know the correct size by the first remake and use those numbers going forward
My thoughts exactly. Now to be fair to Langlitz, they did say they would be happy to make me any of their stock jacket offerings. We all know how it is though when you have your heart set on something, in my case a straight zip CHP style. The silver lining in this cloud for me was working with Stuart at LW and receiving a jacket I am very happy with.

JamesAveryAustin

New in Town
In January I went to Langlitz with a custom order for a straight zip CHP in heavy brown cowhide. They took my deposit but then a week later informed me they were going to decline my custom order because of our “track record” with remakes. I was a bit pissed off and insulted by this to be honest. If they had been able to make me jackets that fit the first time I would’ve been happy to wear them.
The recent experience soured me a bit on Langlitz. I love the two jackets I have from them but I don’t think I will look to them for anything in the future, at least until Stuart at LW starts turning me down...

Yikes! I almost ran into this with my last order from them, the Cascade. The phone call included a comment along the lines of, "Well, we've made you jackets before, and you've had problems with the fit. I'm not sure we're going to do any better if we make you another one." This was the one instance in which I actually was pushy and said that I knew why the previous fit didn't work out, and I was confident that I had identified the solution. To which they responded tepidly, "Okay."

And, for that one, they really did absolutely nail the fit. I suppose, ultimately, they're in a position of great leverage. They don't seem worried about acquiring new business and can therefore easily turn someone away. But it sure seems an odd gesture for such a customer-focused company.

dubpynchon

One Too Many
Christ on a bike- those are some bad photos on the Langlitz site.
They are truly terrible, the jackets are all way too big for the models. Kind of funny that they make custom jackets considering the pictures. Thankfully there's the Langlitz Japan Instagram page.

Langlitz old catalog, one they'd send out by mail, in case anyone's interested. :)

x020.jpg

002.jpg

003.jpg

004.jpg

005.jpg

006.jpg

007.jpg

008.jpg

009.jpg

010.jpg

011.jpg

012.jpg

013.jpg

014.jpg

015.jpg

016.jpg

017.jpg

018.jpg

019.jpg

001.jpg

Colin G

One Too Many
The Langlitz medium weight breaks in rather easy if the jacket is worn. Three weeks of constant use and it starts to give in. Even just wearing it around the house here and there for a week, when new, took the edge off but 3 weeks of solid use and you're through the door.

The Langlitz medium weight breaks in rather easy if the jacket is worn. Three weeks of constant use and it starts to give in. Even just wearing it around the house here and there for a week, when new, took the edge off but 3 weeks of solid use and you're through the door.
Post some pics of that bad mutha sucka...still one of my all time favs ever posted here!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112