Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Thoughts on females wearing fedoras

herringbonekid

I'll Lock Up
generally i think it looks tacky in the same way i think women in oversize men's white shirts posing with a cigar look tacky; too "aren't i the cutest" in a 1980s-90s black and white poster kind of way.

i have seen some well done examples though, but only on women who integrate it with a well developed personal style.

Blackthorn

I'll Lock Up
My wife looks way better in my VS than I do.

DSCN1679-1.jpg

emigran

Practically Family
Some of the most beautiful ladies of the Golden Era wore fedora and fedora-esque toppers... Hedy Lamarr Joan Crawford. Kate Hepburn. Bonita Granville, Ginger Rogers, Cyd Charisse,... even Greta Garbo sported some ladies' fedoras...

GregNYC

One Too Many
Thoughts on females wearing fedora's

Most of the women I see wearing fedoras have the touristy short-brimmed straw hats from street vendors. They have a permanent curl in the back of the brim.

I'm not a fan.

But I guess, at least they're wearing hats!

6f7e6cc6b3299b0120c81d62b9a94eb0.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

generally i think it looks tacky in the same way i think women in oversize men's white shirts posing with a cigar look tacky; too "aren't i the cutest" in a 1980s-90s black and white poster kind of way.

i have seen some well done examples though, but only on women who integrate it with a well developed personal style.
i love woman in long mens shirts, it drives me insane, of coarse i am 53 and i think am going through male menopause , everywoman looks great to me

Lean'n'mean

I'll Lock Up
I think women wearing fedoras, or any type of hat come to that, look great.......they have a way of bringing a hat to life that men just can't match. I also think women look fantastic in men's shirts providing they're wearing nothing else. :)

Seb Lucas

I'll Lock Up
Yes, one's notion of beauty is deepened and enhanced as one gets older. Hang on, we talking about hats or women...?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mythic