Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Thoughts on females wearing fedoras

Jedwbpm

One Too Many
To me women wearing men's hats or accessories looks as odd as men wearing women's clothing. I'd rather see a female in a nice woman's hat. I do like the look of a cow girl though.
Me and my buds yesterday
2011-10-01_12-05-45_748.jpg

My wife on vacation last spring
IMG_0827.jpg

You were saying?

Jeff

carldelo

One Too Many
The fedora was originally a woman's hat, so it seems correct and fitting.
However, the use of an apostrophe in the plural 'fedoras' is never correct. ;)

Yeps

Call Me a Cab
Most of my hats look better when gracing the heads of my various female friends.

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
Me and my buds yesterday
2011-10-01_12-05-45_748.jpg

My wife on vacation last spring
IMG_0827.jpg

You were saying?

Jeff

Very nice groups of lads in the first picture. I noticed the bagpipes got traded in for some "warm charm" in a glass!

And of course, the picture of your Wife wearing the Fedora, priceless!

job

One Too Many
I guess the image in my mind at the time was of cheap little stingy brimmed hats tilted way back on the head of young ladies. So I will say that it must be what your wearing and how your wearing it. Some ladies look good in a mans hat.

fmw

One Too Many
I think men's fedora might be a misnomer. I believe men adopted it from women and, of course, women look a lot better in them than we do.

ShortAndCashed

One of the Regulars
I was giving a female friend advice on wearing fedoras the other day, as she tells me she can't "pull one off." She has very long, thick, wavy hair, and I told her that was probably the problem. Straight or curly hair, preferably a tapered crown makes a ladies head look great.

Terry "The Hat"

Practically Family
My wife is rather attractive (if I may say so) and looks great in a hat. I'm about to order a fedora or two off of Ebay for her. We just talked about it the other day and I still have to measure her head. I'm sure she will fall in the teeny weeny club and I should be able to pick up a couple of real vintage hats for a song on the bay.

Here is a picture (hatless) at her daughter's wedding back in June. She always strikes a pose when she sees a camera and I think she'll look great in a nice fedora!
DSCN0273-1.jpg

Last edited:

mattface

Practically Family
My sweetie always looks better in my hats than I do.

More Jenny in my new stetson 3x by mattface, on Flickr
She's got quite a collection of vintage women's hats, but we're also on the lookout for a nice fedora for her. She's got a tiny head, so that actually kinda helps as the tiny hats seem to be somewhat plentiful on the vintage market.

Edward

Bartender
Depends on the hat, really. I've seen Britney (not to single her out, but she's one of the few young people's pop stars and the likes to whom I can actually put a name these days) wearing some ghastly looking cloth buckets on her head that really don't flatter her. On the other hand, as I believe I said in the original thread, Gwynneth Paltrow really pulled it off as Polly in Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow.

l.jpg

I would just guess, people started to get a bit nasty, or, too many arguments?

Combination, as I recall, of some photos that pushed the envelope a little and the usual passive-aggression that sort of thing can provoke in some quarters.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner