Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Thursday boot company jacket

dannyk

One Too Many
A2C4657E-A1A3-4B7F-B6DA-5008BBFB2FAE.png 307DBEE0-792B-418E-9AF7-356557EC9E63.png Stumbled across this https://thursdayboots.com/products/mens-motorcycle-jacket-natural-leather?collection=mens-jackets

Natural Horween CXL, and 489? 3.00oz. Not the thickest super beefy. But it’s Horween CXL and seems to be a standard perfecto model and under 500? Who will be the first to give it a go?

Downunder G Man

One Too Many
Where are they made ? website says a lot without actually saying anything but a bit of "doublespeak"

QUOTE "That’s why we partner with world-renowned suppliers and highly skilled artisans"

Some of their boots are obviously USA made , what about this jacket ?

Apologies if I missed that somewhere in the blurb..

You can buy a new USA MADE Schott for $500 indeed I have done just so before now and recently..

Bigbenbs

A-List Customer
It's hard to get an angle on Thursday boot company. There are so many rave reviews of their boots that it's hard to just dismiss the company as a sham. Probably the problem comes from comparing $200 boots and $600 boots and finding the fomer less excellent (surprise!). Same can likely be said for a $500 jacket and a $1000 or $2000 one. But the real question is whether this jacket is better than, or at least as good as, other models that you can get for $500 new. And based on the reviews I've seen of their boots, I bet the answer will be "yes."

Last edited:

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
that jacket is long and without 2way zip, a person can't even sit with it zippered let alone riding a bike, leather and stitching looks fine to me, the back panel looks trim and nice for slim person, however split kidney panel used for back pockets and that shorty epaulette look strange.

dannyk

One Too Many
I agree with most every opinion here so far. Doesn’t look exactly right and I have no plans to buy any. But as @Bigbenbs said. Thursday is a hard company to read. I don’t own any of their boots but they do get really rave reviews. And they appear to use quality materials a lot of the same materials other makers use for a lot less than those other charge. Which makes me wonder if at that price point, could it actually be worth exactly what they are charging? For someone on a budget or getting their first jacket and not wanting to go all out? Just stumbled across it on my FB newsfeed cause you know targeted ads ha. And thought let’s see what TFL thinks about this.

Bfd70

I'll Lock Up
Not too familiar with Thursday but regarding pricing I’d like to hear from the industry (obv never happen) a break down of cost. The difference between a $500 Thursday jacket and a $1400 Eastman isn’t $900 worth of material in a single jacket. The $ difference comes from wage differences in countries of origin and the fact that certain production techniques such as Aeros can produce far fewer jackets in a given day than an automated process.
I’ll assume that Thursdays artisans are in India, which isn’t necessarily a slight. Everyones gotta eat.

Downunder G Man

One Too Many
"Everyones gotta eat" Why that's for sure , no argument there.

Should not be the price of a "Union made in the USA" jacket tho' I would have thought.

Puts me in mind of the "Genuine HD Harley" branded jackets ( MADE IN Pakistan/Vietnam ETC ETC !) which here in Australia at least can often be more expensive than a Schott made in New York jacket. Just OVER 2 years ago I bought a Schott 641HH café racer for $500 USD brand new with $50 USD to post it to Perth Western Australia.

Description Unit price Qty Amount
SCHOTT USA HORSEHIDE PERFECTO CAFE RACER JACKET BLACK SIZE 44 NEW Tags 641HH
Item number XXXXXXXXXXX98 $500.00 USD 1 $500.00 USD
logo_ebay_62x26.gif

Shipping and handling $50.00 USD
Insurance - not offered ----
Total $550.00 USD

dannyk

One Too Many
That’s a little unfair though if you got it from eBay. That’s getting it used or from somebody who’s wheeling and dealing jackets. Because a brand new 641HH retails for 800. So if we’re talking retail price. This is like half the cost. And again I’m not sticking up for it. I don’t own one, and I don’t see myself ever owning one. But I don’t think using that model is fair.

Downunder G Man

One Too Many
You could be right sir , I accept that. It was "Brand new" from a recognised Schott stockist/reseller on ebay who was (it appeared later) getting out of Schott and way more into ELMC. Maybe I landed lucky that time. However it is to date still my most expensive leather jacket purchase as most all my others have been "lightly used".

Last edited:

dannyk

One Too Many
No worries on that. I’m just looking at current retail prices in USD as both are US companies. Depending on whether it’s used, or if you got it from a verified Schott seller they may have done some bulk buy on that model and then could sell them for less. And to my first point conversion rates can confuse people as well. Found this pair of shoes I wanted for 230, and for what they are thought it was a great deal. Then realized they were selling them for 230 pounds. I did the conversion and shipping cost and said yeah this is no deal for me haha.

Mich486

One Too Many
I don’t personally like anything of what they are selling but they seem good value for money if you like them.

Not everybody can afford to splash out $2-3k for an ethically produced leather jacket made by a skilled independent artisan from the land of the rising sun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dannyk

One Too Many
I don’t personally like anything of what they are selling but they seem good value for money if you like them.

Not everybody can afford to splash out $2-3k for an ethically produced leather jacket made by a skilled independent artisan from the land of the rising sun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That first sentiment is kind of where I am. They have rave reviews. Use real quality materials. Look well built. But even their boot designs are just off for me. Not a huge fan. But for their prices I feel like they offer a great product. I am tempted to see what this jacket will look like with some wear though. Maybe some will pop up on eBay in a year or two and I can see some pictures or buy one dirt cheap to satisfy that curiosity.

Downunder G Man

One Too Many
Yes my Schott 641HH is most likely my "coolest" jacket of the fleet so to speak. I wear it less than some of the others tho'!

When not actually riding my Harley I prefer a "collared" leather jacket AKA Eastman Luftwaffe /Schott 441/Schott 689H

All of those were (well) short of $500 USD , again maybe just luck and LOTS of late night eBay activity !!!

Sorry if this has become a thread hijack mate....that Thursday jacket does look nice

dannyk

One Too Many
Yes my Schott 641HH is most likely my "coolest" jacket of the fleet so to speak. I wear it less than some of the others tho'!

When not actually riding my Harley I prefer a "collared" leather jacket AKA Eastman Luftwaffe /Schott 441/Schott 689H

All of those were (well) short of $500 USD , again maybe just luck and LOTS of late night eBay activity !!!

Sorry if this has become a thread hijack mate....that Thursday jacket does look nice
Not at all! I go off on tangents only remotely connected to the main thread all the time haha. And it sounds like you are really lucky. Might need to let you do my searching for me!

dannyk

One Too Many
I did some poking around their website and found they have facilities in the US and Mexico for whatever that’s worth. And then secondly it’s fascinating to me the one I first looked at and linked to here is in Natual Horween CXL. Which regardless of whether it’s your favorite hide no one can say it’s not a quality hide. If you change the color option to black, all it says about the leather is full grain black. I’m curious as to why they wouldn’t just use black cxl? Or maybe it has something do with who they contract out to. A lot of their boots are Horween but a lot also are not. Makes me wonder if they had some sort of deal worked out between the two. We will make this jacket in two colors using one hide from each of you?

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
That first sentiment is kind of where I am. They have rave reviews. Use real quality materials. Look well built. But even their boot designs are just off for me. Not a huge fan. But for their prices I feel like they offer a great product. I am tempted to see what this jacket will look like with some wear though. Maybe some will pop up on eBay in a year or two and I can see some pictures or buy one dirt cheap to satisfy that curiosity.
I don't think with some wear it can change the fact the jacket have belt around your hip bone:confused: I get it lately motorcycle jackets are made long, but why install a belt on a long jacket so close to the hem:confused:

dannyk

One Too Many
I don't think with some wear it can change the fact the jacket have belt around your hip bone:confused: I get it lately motorcycle jackets are made long, but why install a belt on a long jacket so close to the hem:confused:
No idea. Like I said I’m not a fan of the design. I have no plan to buy one. Just sharing a discovery I made. But based on materials and reputation I’m sure it’s a very quality product for the price point. But as they say not my cup of tea.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner