Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Aero? Simmons Bilt? Looking for my "Forever Leather Jacket"

TartuWolf

Practically Family
Last info I got from Aero that they currently only have Cherry and Black CXFQHH in lighter weight / thickness. And that it is not expected that any other colors will ever arrive in lighter weight/thickness, because the previous ones were errors/mistakes.

trainspotter

A-List Customer
Please show :) Especially the cherry
Here it is
20230307_142033~2.jpg

Hide'n'seek

One of the Regulars
We have plenty
Last info I got from Aero that they currently only have Cherry and Black CXFQHH in lighter weight / thickness. And that it is not expected that any other colors will ever arrive in lighter weight/thickness, because the previous ones were errors/mistakes.
We don't have any Cherry left and very little thinner Black. We do have plenty of Black Chrxl in stock and as has always been the case a request can be made when ordering for the cutters to choose lighter weight skins . This simply means that we will select the lightest from the current batch.
For clarity the lighter skins we had were from a couple of batches we received during a time when Horween were having trouble sourcing Raw hides of a suitable quality for Chromexcel. We did not specify these light skins, and they are not a regular offering. But as above we have always been able to selct lighter / or heavier skins on request ( this is from what ever batch we happen to have in stock at the time of cutting)

TartuWolf

Practically Family
@Hide'n'seek
Thank you clarification!
In case of normal thickness cxl hh, what's the usual range/variation in case customer specifies thinner/thicker?
For example ~1.3mm thinner and ~1.5mm thicker?
I ordered thinner brown and my order just went to production, what thickness can I expect?

Hide'n'seek

One of the Regulars
@Hide'n'seek
Thank you clarification!
In case of normal thickness cxl hh, what's the usual range/variation in case customer specifies thinner/thicker?
For example ~1.3mm thinner and ~1.5mm thicker?
I ordered thinner brown and my order just went to production, what thickness can I expect?
Yours is going to be around the 1.3mm mark.

Check your mails as i have a couple of queries regarding your order

Chilliwack

New in Town
Weight loss update: I went back to the local leather store (the bad one) just to see if I'd gone down a size.
With some variation on jackets, I have indeed gone from XXL to XL! But XL jackets are still a little bit snug, and the sleeves are too long.

So yeah, looks like I still got a ways to go. But I'm slowly but surely getting there! 30 more pounds lost ought to do it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner