Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Thurston Bros. - Official Affiliate Thread

Carrie @ Thurston Bros.

Sponsoring Affiliate
The Vanson Model B is one of Vanson's most enduring designs for a classic motorcycle jacket (and the base model for our popular Model B Deluxe)! We have the standard Vanson Model B in stock and ready to ship in sizes 36 through 46 in Vanson's black Comp. Weight leather...

www.thurston-bros.com

www.insurrectionperformance.com

Vanson Model B customer 1.1 smaller version.jpg

Carrie @ Thurston Bros.

Sponsoring Affiliate
Another great option from our Vanson jacket offerings is our Comet PLU...the cut of this cafe' racer is a little bit different from the Model B (it's more fitted through the torso and waist, whereas the Model B is a straight fit through the body). We have this style custom-made for our shop with extra body length and a double-ended zipper for riding comfort!

For more information, click to this page on our website: Vanson Comet PLU

Vanson PLU-3 Front 1.1.JPG

www.thurston-bros.com

Carrie @ Thurston Bros.

Sponsoring Affiliate
Get your Aero fit jacket for October production! Our customers get fit jackets to ensure they can specify their custom Aero order just the way they'd like it...overall sizing, body and sleeve length, leather, hardware, liner, etc. We have a wide variety of Aero jackets in stock and ready to ship, so give us a call at (206) 550-3545 to start your custom order with a fit jacket and leather samples! And don't forget our veg-tanned Italian FQHH as one of our exclusive Aero options...

www.thurston-bros.com

Aero Half belt heavy steerhide.jpg

pawineguy

One Too Many
New Aero Board Racer Slim Fit in FQHH

Just received an Aero Slim Fit Board Racer in FQHH from Wade and Carrie. I will not ride with this jacket (I use a Vanson Model B Deluxe or others for that), it will be for casual wear only. Very happy with the cut of the jacket and the usual great service from Thurston. The photos are not great, but give a general idea of the cut of the jacket. I will wear it open probably 90% of the time, but it has enough room for me to wear it comfortably when I do decide to zip it up. Compared to wearing a comp weight Vanson plus armor when I ride (and sometimes a Helite vest on top) this jacket feels almost light to me, although YMMV. I'm 6'2", 190#, and this is a 42.

IMG_3653.jpg
IMG_3655.jpg
IMG_3656.JPG
IMG_3657.JPG
IMG_3658.JPG

IXL

One Too Many
Wineguy, how does the collar height compare to the Model B Vanson? Also, what do you ride? The jacket looks really, really good!

pawineguy

One Too Many
Wineguy, how does the collar height compare to the Model B Vanson? Also, what do you ride? The jacket looks really, really good!

I ride a CTX700 (naked version). Forward controls on a very lightweight bike, sort of a cruiser but sort of not...

The two collars are actually very similar in height, see below the Aero Board Racer on top and Vanson B deluxe on the bottom. The difference is that besides one being stitched inside and the other stitched outside the main body, is that the Aero collar takes a subtle slope to the front of the jacket from the back. I think you can see it in the bottom photo below, the actual slope is approximately from 1.75" down to 1.5". Vanson measures right around 1.75" all the way around.

IMG_3670.JPG
IMG_3671.JPG
IMG_3672.JPG
IMG_3538.JPG

Last edited:

Carrie @ Thurston Bros.

Sponsoring Affiliate
Just received an Aero Slim Fit Board Racer in FQHH from Wade and Carrie. I will not ride with this jacket (I use a Vanson Model B Deluxe or others for that), it will be for casual wear only. Very happy with the cut of the jacket and the usual great service from Thurston. The photos are not great, but give a general idea of the cut of the jacket. I will wear it open probably 90% of the time, but it has enough room for me to wear it comfortably when I do decide to zip it up. Compared to wearing a comp weight Vanson plus armor when I ride (and sometimes a Helite vest on top) this jacket feels almost light to me, although YMMV. I'm 6'2", 190#, and this is a 42.

View attachment 17166
View attachment 17165
View attachment 17167
View attachment 17168
View attachment 17169

Looks great! If people would like to get an Aero fit jacket for the Board Racer, give us a call at (206) 550-3545...

www.thurston-bros.com

ABR3.jpg

Carrie @ Thurston Bros.

Sponsoring Affiliate
The Aero Highwayman is a classic choice for the perfect jacket for everyday wear! We have a variety of Highwayman fit jackets in stock and ready to send out for fitting for a custom Aero order...call us at (206) 550-3545 to get your Aero fit jacket for October production at the Aero factory! Aero fit jackets are $1,099.99 and includes free shipping to customers...

For more information about our Aero custom process, check out this link: Custom Aero

Aero Highwayman.jpg

Last edited:

Carrie @ Thurston Bros.

Sponsoring Affiliate
Are you sure that's cordovan? Looks like brown to me.

Vanson's Octagon is a great option as well...here's one of our customers in his new Vanson Enfield in Octagon!

Vanson Enfield.jpg

Vanson Enfield 1.jpg

For Aero orders, please contact us to get going with an Aero fit jacket...there's nothing like a perfect Aero fit...even through everyone likes to wear their jacket a bit differently!

www.thurston-bros.com

Aero Maxwell.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner