Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Tie clip / tie bar

thunderw21

I'll Lock Up
New one to me.

clips003.jpg

Max-Q

New in Town
Sorry for thread-jacking...

But I had to drop this out there for anyone who appreciates having a tie stay put but isn't into tie clips or tacks. It's called a "Tiealign." I picked some of these up and they've worked as advertised. It's a thin flexible plastic strap that loops through the tie keeper and fastens to two of your shirt buttons, one above and one below the keeper. The main real bonus is that it allows for vertical movement to keep the tie laying flat, but keeps the tie from blowing around.

tiealign-shirt.jpg

www.tiealign.com

I'm not affiliated with them in any way, just a satisfied customer. Their website is...somewhat lacking in grace.

JEEP

Practically Family
Max-Q said:
But I had to drop this out there for anyone who appreciates having a tie stay put but isn't into tie clips or tacks. It's called a "Tiealign." I picked some of these up and they've worked as advertised. It's a thin flexible plastic strap that loops through the tie keeper and fastens to two of your shirt buttons, one above and one below the keeper. The main real bonus is that it allows for vertical movement to keep the tie laying flat, but keeps the tie from blowing around.

tiealign-shirt.jpg

www.tiealign.com

I'm not affiliated with them in any way, just a satisfied customer. Their website is...somewhat lacking in grace.

Heresy! :rage: ;)

Welcome to the lounge btw.

Regards.

Jakob

Patrick Murtha

Practically Family
My shirtmaker -- Maldonado of San Antonio -- provides cloth versions of those to me for free. I use them even in combination with tie clips.

Jovan

Suspended
That sort of thing wouldn't work out for me, as half my ties don't even have keepers in the back. Besides which, I like the functional look that clips provide. Just my opinion!

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
I have a '20s tie with a keeper that is a stitched slot in the back fold, and a tiny built in metal tie clip on the back.
I also have a '60s tie where the whole back skinny end is covered in buttonholes so you can put it through the keeper and button it to your shirt.

JEEP

Practically Family
I got this one in the mail yesterday - unfortunally it is pretty banged up and scratched, the worst part is that the scratches looks to be quite recent:

Slipsenl05.jpg

30s or 40s I believe - silver. Marked 830S E&M 664

I think I will ask my watch repairman/jeweller to give it a gentle polish.

/Jakob

JEEP

Practically Family
Please do Doran :)

I got these two in the mail today:

Slipsenl06.jpg

40s, 50s or 60s - sterling silver. Stamped with am interesting hallmark; a flower of some kind I think and "9255 STERLING"

Slipsenl07.jpg

20s or 30s - silver. Stamped "M.B.P. 830 S". This one I really like

/Jakob

JEEP

Practically Family
More shameless showing off lol

These came in the mail yesterday:

Slipsenl08a.jpg

Slipsenl08b.jpg

30s or 40s (?) - mop-look celluloid. My first celluloid tie-bar and also my first tie shaped one :) Marked "D.R.P." and "a"

Slipsenl09a.jpg

Slipsenl09b.jpg

1920-48 - silver with original box. The coin is a copy of an early-medieval coin issued by the Danish king "Knud den Store" (Canute the Great; http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canute_the_Great). It is marked "KNUD DEN STORE VIBORG 1018 1035", "EL" and "930". The box is stamped "P. ISRAELSEN Urmager - Guldsmed Grundl. 1895 Tlf. 716 VIBORG" (P. ISRAELSEN Watchmaker - Jeweller Founded 1895 Phone 716 VIBORG). According to my research P. Israelsen worked as a jeweller in Viborg from 1920-48.
Being a student of archaeology and a medieval re-enactor - this must be the perfect tie-bar for me :)

/Jakob

Daniel

Familiar Face
Here's what I wore today. It wraps around the front of the tie, which makes it look as if it's going through the tie. The ends are connected behind it, and there's a clip to attach the back to the shirt placket:

2420456831_6b13491e0f.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran