Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

To beard or not to beard?

Wearing a mask at work has become unbearably itchy, so I've decided to try something new...
quQ8vVP.jpg

gFXKouW.png

You look absolutely good!

SlyGI

New in Town
I've been wearing a beard since I ETSed from the army (US) in 2013. I will never go back to clean shaving. For the Covid-19 lock-down, I do believe that at times it may make my face more hot, when wearing a mask. However, with a little beard oil, I find that I really enjoy the scent with the mask. I think the oil helps to protect the skin from all the humidity coming out of my nose in mouth.

This may not sound like a big deal to most people, but I live in Minnesota where it is very dry in the winter. It's like, I'll go in one place and it's nice and warm. If I am doing something physical, it may even get a little sweaty or damp. Then I go outside, and the cold quickly drys out my skin. So a little oil helps me out a lot.

Harp

I'll Lock Up
I've been wearing a beard since I ETSed from the army (US) in 2013. I will never go back to clean shaving.. ..

Sounds 11 Bravo 2 Papa Airborne Infantry:cool:

I never shaved until induction and basic at Ft Polk Louisiana, and kept the earlobe-to collarbone stroke
until I grew a beard several months ago. I thought the new fuzz was 'Hemingwayesque' but the family
thought otherwise.:eek: Took an hour to razor it off.o_O

SlyGI

New in Town
Sounds 11 Bravo 2 Papa Airborne Infantry:cool:

I never shaved until induction and basic at Ft Polk Louisiana, and kept the earlobe-to collarbone stroke
until I grew a beard several months ago. I thought the new fuzz was 'Hemingwayesque' but the family
thought otherwise.:eek: Took an hour to razor it off.o_O

Oh man, Ft. Polk. I've never been there but I've heard it's the armpit of the US Army. LOL. I was 13B, 82C, then a 96H. Do you have a photo, the fuzz might have been hemmingwayesque. My family and I thought I looked a little weird after my ETS and I grew a beard. Especially at first. They just weren't used to it. The trick with a beard is the same with a hat -- you wear the beard, don't let the beard wear you. LOL

SlyGI

New in Town
OMG. I received my Honorable Discharge in 1981 (G5, 98G). I am officially an old man now.
You ain't that old! I have an uncle who fought in WWII and still going strong -- he's 98 and owns his own business (He has been married more than once. Never divorced he outlives all of his wives). Unfortunately he doesn't sport a beard, but I'm sure he has a few fedoras lying around. LOL

Tiki Tom

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Santa is the man who rocks a mighty beard. And in the Kurt Russell embodiment, as seen in “Christmas Chronicles”, the beard is especially enviable.

Not that I’m a Christmas cynic or anything, but I couldn’t help but wonder if that beard is at all genuine. I mean: c’mon! What a beard! So imagine my amazement to learn that Kurt Russell is follically gifted and the beard is “80% genuine.”

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowb...kes-love-Goldie-Hawn-son-Wyatt-breakfast.html

https://ew.com/movies/2018/11/12/kurt-russell-santa-beard-the-christmas-chronicles-netflix/

Last edited:
Last week, I wanted a salt-brezel from the bakery shop in my regular supermarket, which know runs the bakery shop on their own.

So I stood in front of the counter and already fingered the money out of my portemonee, because I saw, that the girl was alone and still had to handle stuff in the rear room. Of course she noticed me and suddenly called loudly:
"One moment please, yoouung maan!"

o_O

I wasn't shaved, but the stubbles were not that long and you couldn't really see them in the gloomy light. So I looked more or less shaved. Like a shy student... ;) A student with flatcap...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yamamoto