Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

To beard or not to beard?

Did you experienced this, too?

Back in the early 2000s, there were older teachers in their last years, on "Berufsschule" or wherever. The generation (1943/44...) , which was still into the beard thing on a regular basis. And you could see ald-fashioned beards, I thought to be "old-fashioned".

One example was a teacher, not colouring his practically white hair. He had a well trimmed all-over beard down to the neck, BUT he always had his chin clean!
I don't know, how this style is called, but when I think about it, I somehow get the point. I think, it's an attitude thing. And white his white hair, not a bad match.

FOXTROT LAMONT

One Too Many
^ I favoured Harry Potter up until JK Rowling decided to left turn its cover, chapter, and page.
However, it's all said and done now.

Back to beards-Plato's bust I recollect showed a fine curled trim beard which I hope to emulate.
I saw The Pope's Exorcist with Russell Crowe and Franco Nero and both wore facial hair supebly within film character.
A good flick, a bit more than necessary in my opinion, but still watchable.

DanielPetmr

New in Town
Was at a store yesterday. Me and some stranger (and his son) were looking at Santa hats. Glancing up, I noticed that the guy was sporting a very good full white beard.
”you’ve got the beard to match the hat,” I said.
He whipped out his phone and showed me a bunch of pictures of himself in a full-on Santa suit, sitting in a sled, with kids on his lap, etc.
Wow.
He said that in most years he was Santa from Thanksgiving to Christmas and he really enjoys it.
This year his wife talked him into a holiday vacation in Hawaii Instead.
But he felt naked without at least a Santa hat in the run up to Christmas.
I am sure he is thrilling kids on the beach in Waikiki all this week i got beard oil from jpost.com!
Does having a well maintained beard make a difference in a companies hiring/firing decisions? I hate shaving (my face is always irritated), enjoy having a beard and frankly, think I look better with a beard than without… It seems like there are companies out there who have an anti-facial hair policy, at least for the grunts… principals and presidents can grow as much hair as they want… I’ve even been asked, “If offered the job, would you be willing to shave?” during an interview. I answered “yes” but didn’t get the job. Maybe I should have said, “Hell no, I’m not shaving my beard. It’s a part of me. Take it or leave it.” How important is being clean shaven vs having a well maintained beard? I trim it every few days and keep it between a #2 and #3 out of like, 8 settings. I’m not a communist or muslim or even a big fat hippie. I’m just a man with a beard. Some men wouldn’t even acknowledge it as a beard… although it is nice and thick… not some patchy-boy-beard. What do YOU think?

LostInTyme

A-List Customer
Keep your beard, your sanity, your personalty, and your good looks. Your beard defines you, so march on, proudly. Yes, there are companies that are not impressed with or tolerant of beards. I think they are better than someone with snake tattoos on their necks and face.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner