Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

To Feather or Not to Feather?

bwchase

Familiar Face
Happen to like the feather effect on hats. Kind of like a pocket square in a suit coat. Can contrast or compliment image. Does anyone change out the feather on their hats depending on what outfit they are wearing?
Can go to extremes, a professor when I was in grad school had the longest pheasant feather jaunting out of his too small fedora. Still laugh when I think of that picture!

Bushman

I'll Lock Up
Never been a feather guy myself. I see hats as a practical item. Used to keep my head warm or dry (or both), or to keep the sun off my face. A feather would just get ruined in the process.

Bob Roberts

I'll Lock Up
Happen to like the feather effect on hats. Kind of like a pocket square in a suit coat. Can contrast or compliment image. Does anyone change out the feather on their hats depending on what outfit they are wearing?
Can go to extremes, a professor when I was in grad school had the longest pheasant feather jaunting out of his too small fedora. Still laugh when I think of that picture!
I sometimes swap feathers around.

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
Once in awhile I do it. In this case a wild turkey feather I use to clean my oboe.

dd6da3b55875b1c0ae3bfdfedb4e6dee.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner