Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

To Feather or Not to Feather?

HamletJSD

A-List Customer
I go mostly sans feather, but it depends on the mood I'm in.

I've been known to clip a small sprig of holly to adorn my ribbon during the holiday season.

I've also been known to take the small Irish flag they stick in my Shepherd's Pie and put that in my ribbon.

I've got to stop acting so strange.

Wolfwood

A-List Customer
None of my hats have come with a feather, but even if they had, I'd have removed it. A feather makes a hat far too dandy for my taste.

Ordinary Guy

One Too Many
I gotta go with it all depends , which of course is not one of the options on the poll.

First off let me say, I never thought I would wear a stingy brim,,,,

I never thought I would wear a wide ribbon, I mean wide like 2"

I never thought I would wear a feather in my fedora.

So now having said all that, I was selling Knox hat on Ebay and that weekend I went to an estate sale... I saw a Knox hat box and thought it might be nice to send my Knox hat in that box to the buyer...

The box was $2.00 but everything had just gone half off. so for one buck I bought and tossed it into the car..

After getting home I opened the box and found a hat...:D

You guessed it, a stingy brim, 2" ribbon with a feather and a pin...

Richman Stein dark brown hat.

I gave it a good brushing and it was my size too....

I do wear this hat and am surprised at how nice it looks but it seems to be the best with jeans and a colored Tshirt...

Or khaki's and long sleeve shirt ... At least that is what everyone tells me..

I would think it was too dressy for that but I guess the off setting is in now.... I dunno...

So again, it depends on the hat, and the clothes.....IMHO

The rest of my hats are featherless and pinless.....If there is such a word....

cptjeff

Practically Family
HamletJSD said:
I go mostly sans feather, but it depends on the mood I'm in.

I've been known to clip a small sprig of holly to adorn my ribbon during the holiday season.

I've also been known to take the small Irish flag they stick in my Shepherd's Pie and put that in my ribbon.

I've got to stop acting so strange.

Keep doing it. It adds a little spice to life.

Doggy Darb

New in Town
I wear a feather... I call it macaroni.:p

You have to admit that I would look ridiculous without a red ostrich feather in my bicorne.:D

Pilgrim

One Too Many
I like 'em with a feather. All but one or two of my hats sport them - proudly!

And if they're without, I usually pick up a feather from the Greeley Hatworks after I have them block a new acquisition.

I generally like the look on everything but western hats and classic Open Roads.

1961MJS

My Mail is Forwarded Here
My ONE (1) fedora (straw though) has a 3/4 inch ribbon and a feather. The feather is glued in. I didn't pay an astronomical amount for it but I'll probably leave it in.

As soon as I can afford a really nice sword, I'll start dressing like a musketeer so I'll need to BIG feather. Until then, feathers are out.

Later

CaramelSmoothie

Practically Family
I have about 10 -15 hats with feathers. Some fedoras but mostly tilt hats. I get alot of attention when I wear it because the feather is so obvious.

I have hats both ways, I think I prefer the feather for the weekends and the non feather for work.

I had a feather in my New Yorker that I was very fond of, my favorite feather. It got lost on a recent windy day. I think the hat just doesn't look right featherless.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21