Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

To New Members!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheBarber

New in Town
Hello all. What a great site. I've been wearing fedoras now for about 6 years. I've been lurking around here for a while now and decided to join up. Along with a wealth of information, you guys have some truly beautiful hats. On the downside, I've noticed that since finding this site I tend to drool quite often.

Best regards,

Mark

bjornborg11

New in Town
This is a really great site! I thought I was a very good dresser now I know I still have a bit of growing up to do in the dressing department. I am enjoying the journey.

mikeg

New in Town
Hello all. I am new here, but have read all the newbie threads etc. Trying to post a pic of my new Fedora and not having much luck. My post permissions shows "You may not post attachments." Is that normal for new members? Do I need to turn something on to allow myself to post pics? Any tips?

Thanks!
Mike

zetwal

I'll Lock Up
Hello all. I am new here, but have read all the newbie threads etc. Trying to post a pic of my new Fedora and not having much luck. My post permissions shows "You may not post attachments." Is that normal for new members?

Upload your photo to a host such as photobucket. Then copy and paste the IMG code for the photo you wish to share into your Lounge post.

Welcome! :yo:

mikeg

New in Town
Hmmmm. I have an account on photobucket. I created an new album there, uploaded a pic of my new hat. Copied the url for the pic and tried to post here. I get msg saying invalid URL.
Can anyone help me with this? Which URL do I need to copy from photo bucket and how do I properly post it here?

Thanks,
Mike

zetwal

I'll Lock Up
Hmmmm. I have an account on photobucket. I created an new album there, uploaded a pic of my new hat. Copied the url for the pic and tried to post here. I get msg saying invalid URL.
Can anyone help me with this? Which URL do I need to copy from photo bucket and how do I properly post it here?

Copy and post the IMG code (not the URL) ... ;)

mikeg

New in Town
Ahhh. never mind. I got it.

Sorry guys and gals!

hat1.jpg

Last edited:

Slim Jim - StL

New in Town
Hey RBH, I've seen you in several of the forums I've visited so far. Yep, I'm a new guy here... have mostly only looked at things concerning 'Open Road' hats & similar. One question I have: how do you add a little "tag line" under your user-name, above your avatar picture? (Like yours says: Bartender). Thanks; I look forward to browsing & chatting.

zetwal

I'll Lock Up
One question I have: how do you add a little "tag line" under your user-name, above your avatar picture? (Like yours says: Bartender). Thanks; I look forward to browsing & chatting.

Go to your "Settings" page. You will see all sorts of options there.

Welcome! :yo:

Hey RBH, I've seen you in several of the forums I've visited so far. Yep, I'm a new guy here... have mostly only looked at things concerning 'Open Road' hats & similar. One question I have: how do you add a little "tag line" under your user-name, above your avatar picture? (Like yours says: Bartender). Thanks; I look forward to browsing & chatting.

That tag line for regular Loungers is based on your number of posts. For the staff, they get to control it & say what their position is.

AntTxSon

New in Town
I didn't see a welcome room type thread here, but just wanted to say "Hello" and say what a very interesting and informative this forum is. No need to lurk any longer...lol.

panama red

New in Town
hi, just joined

Hello, I am a hat fancier. I am trying to start a collection and have purchased a few to get started. My local hatter is a family run store named Salmagundi In the Jamaica Plain section of Boston. I live across town in a city Called Somerville. My hats so far include a fur felt Trilby hand blocked by Makin hats, a distressed shantung fedora by Cha Cha's House of Ill Repute, a tweed cap by Stefano, a Bigalli vinenzia panama, and a Chinese paper straw from J Crew.all of these make me feel good about myself when I wear them, what more could I ask....... How about 2 more panamas, both Montecristi's. I just ordered a panama hats direct rolled brim Havana, and, due to reading here, An Optimo from Panama hat works of Montecristi. I am expecting wonderful hats from both and will post my reactions. Maybe pics if I can.:

Welcome! Please do post pics when you have them. If you have trouble doing so, just let us know. It's not difficult once you get the hang of it.

+1 and when you reply to a post that has a few pictures, PLEASE do NOT Reply With Quote and repost all of those pictures again!!!! It takes only a few seconds to delete all but 1 that you really care to reference.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPR