Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Tony Curtis has died, Aged 85

Prairie Dog

A-List Customer
With TC Gone, So Are Movies Of This Genre: "Lite" Romantic Comedies

I can appreciate Tony's major triumph's, such as "Spartacus", "The Defiant Ones" and "Some Like It Hot".
He made some very likeable "Lite" Romantic flics in the early 60's beginning with "The Rat Race", co-starring Debbie Reynolds and another Curtis/Reynolds crowd pleaser, "Goodbye Charlie".

[YOUTUBE]roBEhCkwvAE[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]4tc12NTcMnA[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]4r5MumvgILY[/YOUTUBE]

These pics were real cute. Sadly, I believe the last "60-Style "Lite" Romantic Comedy was 2003's "Down With Love". T'was a spoof, that I enjoyed, but it didn't do well at the Box Office. Go fugure!??

If you're a 60's enthusiast or a hopeless romantic like myself, you'll enjoy the Soundtrack, which I highly recommend.
0000032999_182.jpg

Doctor Strange said:
What makes you so great, you Great Leslie, you?

I'm merely Leslie, and I'm at your service.

I love this flick too. I admit that it's too broad, and all over the place, and not everything in it works. But I saw it in the movies when I was ten, and was totally smitten.

I... am PROFESSOR FATE!

"...push the button, Max."

I wish they would do the Leslie Flyer and the Hannibal 8 in 1:18 scale diecast.

vinspired

Familiar Face
Mr Curtis will be sadly missed.
I remember as a kid they used to play allot of Curtis movies on tv, I had such a crush on him - those gorgeous blue eyes.

For some reason I always remember his quote regarding kissing Marilyn Monroe = kissing Hitler.... What was all that about!?

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted

DanielJones

I'll Lock Up
So I wonder, did he ever utter the line, his most memorable line at that, "Yonder lies me fadders Castle."? Which movie was it supposed to be in, The Black Shield of Falworth (1954), Son of Ali Baba (1952) or The Prince Who Was a Thief (1951)? I cannot recall.

Cheers!

Dan

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy