Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Too small for a hat, what could it be...

nickn5

One of the Regulars
1) Ooo, what's this the postman brought me this morning, it's from the USA but the box looks a little small for a hat. Unless it's severely folded...

DSC00439.jpg

2) Ok, let's open it up and see what we have. Oh right, lots of paper, and another box inside, ACE staples... [huh] Don't remember ordering any of them, I must say.

DSC00436.jpg

3) What's inside this box then... more white paper, *unwrap* *rustle rustle* ah now I see *oops* dropped it, where's it gone? *looks under sofa* oi, come here you... Wahey, it's another DC3 TWA Pin for my Stratoliners, measuring a whole 3/4" long. Box shown for comparison.

DSC00437.jpg

DSC00438.jpg

If my hats from abroad came in boxes as proportionately big as this one was to the hat pin inside I'd be VERY worried... lol

N. :)

Dreispitz

One Too Many
Calling this as an overstatement would be a frivilous understatement. Hilarious! lol

Hm, you might have made a bargain, though.

MattJH

One Too Many
Haha. Wow. I would've just used a padded manila envelope with some flat pieces of cardboard for reinforcement.

nickn5

One of the Regulars
Michaelshane said:
I can't find one of those,been looking everywhere.

The pin? Maybe because I've been buying them up off Ebay... lol I now have five of them :eek:

If you're after one try typing 'twa pin' into Ebay, that's how I found them. You shouldn't have to pay more than about $15 - $20 for them. I don't think there's any on there right now, but try once a week or so. They do come up quite often (I got my five within a month). I promise I won't be buying any more for quite some time! :D

N. :)

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
Here's a more size-appropriate package on its way to you.
Stratoliner and DC-3 pins
DSC_0085.jpg

in the base of the hat box
DSC_0086-2.jpg

insert with Stratoliner in the hat box
DSC_0087-1.jpg

tied up hat box
DSC_0088-2.jpg

hat box in a bag
DSC_0089-1.jpg

bagged hat box in the shipping box
DSC_0090-1.jpg