Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Traveling Hat!!!!!

MCrider

A-List Customer
I was going to say no hurry in getting the hat in the mail, but then saw the "we're going on vacation" blurb. AHhhhh get a move on! :p Seriously though I wonder what the hat would be like on vacation? A traveling hat on vacation from traveling by traveling??? Oooh my head hurts...

Tango Yankee

Call Me a Cab
On it's way!

Well, I got it ready to go yesterday. While printing the photos I found I had a slight problem. The photos I originally printed out had too much yellow tint to them; I think my 10 year old Canon printer is finally giving up. My wife insisted on taking the digital photos to WalMart today for printing and replaced the ones I'd put in the journal, then put the box in the mail for me. She said the new prints looked great! :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

MCrider, I've sent a PM with the tracking number. Now I can go on vacation with a clear conscience. :D

We're off to Charleston, SC. I bought a Stetson Airway for the vacation from Noggintops, and with Cheryl's help it arrived today. I wanted something with very good venting to keep my head cool while walking around. lol

Cheers,
Tom

MCrider

A-List Customer
Anxiously waiting for the Traveling Hat to show up. But the bad part is all of you have been taking pictures of it going to wonderful places... I live on top of a hill! Not too much around here. Maybe when I look at the journal I'll come up with something. Enjoy you vacation Tango Yankee and like I said in another thread, it's always easy to come up with reasons to buy a new hat!

;)

CRH

Call Me a Cab
What fun!

Hey, TY, I gotta say those wall murals really put the crush on that Squatter. That brim doesn't look big at all. You wear it well! :eusa_clap

Have no worries, MCrider. This is a country hat.

:cheers1:

MCrider

A-List Customer
The Traveling Hat made it to the hills of West Virginia in one piece. My wife grimaced when she saw another hat box. I told her not to worry it's not mine. The confused look in her eyes seeing a box with my name and a hat inside was priceless. I explained it to her and she apparently understood. I wonder if she'll believe it again when a box comes from Australia in a month or two. Here's hoping!
lol
Contained in the box besides the hat, is the journal, which chronicles the hats travels with those who've helped it along the way. Good pictures of where its been and you get to put some faces on the fine folks from the lounge. Haven't had the chance to view the DVD yet, I'll be doing that this weekend while I try to set up some interesting shots of my own (at least I hope they turn out that way!) I'll post some up if they turn out.

CRH

Call Me a Cab
Moving along...

Looks like the traveling hat may have found a home in the West Virginia hills. :rolleyes: :eusa_doh:

;) ;)

Any word out there on Staten Island yet?

Let's move this baby along.

Mahagonny Bill

Practically Family
Ha! I had the same thought today and came looking for the thread. Great minds must think alike ;)

I would like to hear an update on the hat as well.

MCrider

A-List Customer
And as of today the hat is on its way to Staten Island via the US Mail. It should be there either Monday or Tuesday. When I get a chance I'll post a picture or two from its stay in West Virginia. Have fun wearing the hat, I sure did. But like most things, it's time to move on. It's journey continues...

CRH

Call Me a Cab
And as of today the hat is on its way to Staten Island via the US Mail. It should be there either Monday or Tuesday. When I get a chance I'll post a picture or two from its stay in West Virginia. Have fun wearing the hat, I sure did. But like most things, it's time to move on. It's journey continues...

Awesome, MCrider! Can't wait for the pics!

MCrider

A-List Customer
As promised, here's a couple of pictures of the time the Traveling Hat spent in West Virginia! Hope you enjoy.

S5031465.jpg

First up is the Traveling Hat with my Akubra Squatter w/ brim trimmed to 2 1/2" and my own Traveling Hat, a Stetson.

S5031468.jpg

Next up is the hat at the New Cumberland Locks and Dam.

S5031470.jpg

And finally a picture of the hat at the World's Largest Tea Pot in Chester WV. If big tea pots are your thing, look at the write up at RoadsideAmerica.com

MCrider

A-List Customer
The giant teapot used to be a part of a pottery retail store. You'd peruse the store and then walk outside and into the teapot where they kept figurines and things like that. After the store closed, the city of Chester WV had it a few years before they refurbished it and made it a roadside attraction.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner