Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Trench Coat - the 'Ultimate' Thread!

Fletch

I'll Lock Up
PADDY said:
First of all, a 'rep' who talks down the company that he works for in any form, isn't likely to be a reputable source of information.
True. But neither is a rep who is fully loyal to his company. He's just as likely to dish a competitor unfairly.

It's that kind of business. You use every advantage you can. [huh]

cookie

I'll Lock Up
Feraud on St Pat's Day

Feraud said:
This is not my Burberry but here is me doing what I do best.. lounging around and eating. These are early a.m. post St. Patrick's Day.

DSC00073.jpg

DSC00085.jpg

No...Lounging Around and Eating with Style...FL Style!!!

carter

I'll Lock Up
Feraud, Looking good! What is the name of the establishment where those photos were taken? It looks very familiar but ...

BTW, I took both Burberry's to the Burberry shop at Northpark Mall in Dallas yesterday. I can replace the missing wrist strops (their term), belt, and epaulets for $75.00 + tax. So I ordered those pieces. I'll have a complete coat for under $150.00. Not too bad when the price on a new one in the shop was $1795.00 + tax.

When they come in, I'll have to 'age' them to decrease the color difference due to wear, cleaning, etc. between the new pieces and the coat itself.

They also confirmed that the 48Reg I bought originally is European sizing. In the US/UK, this is a 38Reg. Looks like I'll relist it on OFAS later today.

Edward

Bartender
Nice vid, Paddy. Well delivered, too - sounds like you've done your share of presenting in the past. It could almost be an introit to one of those 'historical / local / style interest' type stories they do on the evening news from time to time. :eusa_clap

imoldfashioned

Call Me a Cab
Feraud said:
Yes, the second photo was taken at a new automat called Bamn! on St. Marks.

Very cool! I'll have to visit it when next I am in The City. My father used to wax nostalgic about automats so they seem quintisentially New York City to me.

carter

I'll Lock Up
Originally Posted by Feraud
Yes, the second photo was taken at a new automat called Bamn! on St. Marks.

Great! I'll have to make that stop the next time I'm in NYC.

The first automat I ever saw was in Raleigh, NC. We thought it was the wave of the future. Now it's caught in the tidal pool of nostalgia.

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Gun (and trenchcoat) for Hire!!

This was when Burberry were doing a special promotional deal where if you bought a trenchcoat for over $1000 (US), they threw in a free silver screen goddess!! Not bad eh!!

ThisGunforHire.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points