Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Tribute to our Ladies!

Renault

One Too Many
Friends,

This morning I felt it appropriate for a little and well deserved tribute to our "better halves!"

For obvious reasons (as you will soon read) I thought I should get this thread going. I hope this is the best place to post this tribute!

On the 20th of this month Wifey and I will have been married for 32 years. That in it's own right is an accomplishment for her! There is an old sayin' around these parts, "Texas is Hell on horses and women." As of this past Monday, she has sucessfully made it thru her fifth surgery since May! This last one was to remove a carcenoid tumor from her left lung. (She never smoked!). This is quite a feat for her as 20 years ago she was diagnosed with conjestive heart failure and cardiomyopathy brought on by the flu! And in May her heart was functioning at only 15% instead of it's usual 20! But she's never been a quitter. She is quite the fighter! She's had an imbedded 10mm kidney stone lasered, both sets of ovaries removed (another mass found there!), a difib/pacemaker installed and several biopsies performed, as well as the lung surgery, all since May!

Here is a pic taken about 3 weeks before I hauled her into the emergency room! Doing what she loves to do!!!!!
stephpalestine.jpg

Drive for her fellas!!!!!!!!!!!

Here's another pic;
DSCN0125_0030502101.jpg

That's her on the M60 at a SE Asia time line event.

So I would like to charge all you guys out there to say a few good words about your ladies as well. Many times we men take a aweful lot for granted!!!!! They deserve much more, after putting up with the likes of us!!!!

Renault

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
Thanks, it is a wonderful thread.

I have often wanted to share something worth looking into for anyone that has or may have something medical involving cancer or other diseases, maybe you can look it up and decide for yourself if it is something of an interest for you, a product called A.H.C.C.

We all do owe our Wife a big thank you!

fortworthgal

Call Me a Cab
What a nice idea for a thread. Being female I don't have a "lady" to post about, but my husband is pretty darn fantastic. :D

I can personally attest that Renault's wife is a lovely lady, and they are some of the nicest, most genuine people I know. She is a real trooper. Happy anniversary, btw!

Renault

One Too Many
FtWGal, your hubby is a real stand up kinda guy!! We love you both! And thanks for the tip, Hats!

I should have posted this pic earlier, but I just found it. Wifey does clean up well and doesn't mind being seen in public with the likes of her Legionnaire........
100_2294.jpg

Renault

Miss sofia

One Too Many
What a lovely idea for a thread Renault. Happy Anniversary to you and your wife, may you celebrate many more together.

Alas, i'm a singleton, so i can only admire you good peoples' better halves and feel inspired for the future.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy