Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

TRIMBLE HAT MAKER - FIFTH AVE. NEW YORK

aliados

One of the Regulars
I got REAL lucky on eBay for a chnage! Can anyone tell me anything about this one? The sweatband is perforated, marked "floating fit," and has a beaver logo.

Contrary to the eBay post, it's really a sage rather than gray, and, contrary to the picture, it's in nearly perfect condition.

The felt is similar to older high-beaver Stetsons, or an old Borsalino. It's soft yet firm, and, although there's no wire in the brim, both the brim and crown can be molded as if made of clay!

One of these days I gotta figure out how to post pics, but in the meantime, check it out on eBay:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...MEWN:IT&viewitem=&item=190101348836&rd=1&rd=1

aliados

One of the Regulars
try this for your pic posting...
http://www.imageshack.us/
Aha! Looks easy enough -- I'll try it tonight.
This hat apparently was never steamed -- it's amazing how it holds whatever shape I give it!
I find it interesting how the lesser-known brands of yesteryear often were made of the same or better quality than "name" brands. And I find it depressing how the "name" brands now make certain to place their labels on the OUTSIDE so that they can rely upon the reputations built up decades ago (and often no longer deserved), rather than upon current quality. (For example, I'll be selling an Open Road on eBay, and my conscience requires that my listing will make it clear that the "Stetson" hat pin is a sign of inferiority!)

Feraud

Bartender
:eek:fftopic: Do not get me stared on ebay seller's packing methods.
I just received a box full of noisy wooden plates. As if packing bubbles or crushed newspapers are hard to use.

Back to topic, that is an interesting looking hat. I look forward to seeing your pictures.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21