Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

tropical beauty

dr greg

One Too Many
Check out this 'dusky darling' from an early 50's rayon Fijian tourist shirt, propeller aircraft buzzing about as well, these are not as highly prized as the Hawaiian stuff, even though a lot harder to find, but still very nice if you can get them, I have a couple that easily stand up to similar era Japanese-made shirts
954064crav9.BMP

Benny Holiday

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Crazy shirt, Dr Greg

That's so cool! Where'd you find that treasure?

I wasn't too far from your neck of the woods on the weekend, I had a gig at Bingara with my Swing band for the 60th anniversary of the Art Deco Roxy Theatre there. I thought it was a rather picturesque little town.

Of course, the coast is the most (oh to live in Lennox Head!)

Benny

dr greg

One Too Many
swing it

Swing band! I used to know a few of the Pardon Me Boys gang way back when. Lennox Head is Millionaire's Row these days, I'm up near Murwillumbah on 30 acres about 20 minutes from the beach. We've got an Art Deco cinema here as well, which we've had some struggles to keep open.
The shirt came from a Salvo's on the Gold Coast, and it's in pretty good shape except for a little colour bleeding. I've got another beauty from the same era (see below)I wore to a gig one night and the manager of a resort in Fiji offered me 100 bucks for it..me no take.
You shoul;d check out my box of ties in the thread 'cravat experts'
297522cravfij.BMP

Benny Holiday

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Great finds

Those ties and shirts are great finds. I've found some great treasures at Vinnies or the Salvos shops over the years. You just never know what you're going to find there!

My trumpet and sax players have worked with Monica before, most of the jazz players seem to know one another or have worked together at some stage, even the young guys like the cats in my band. I'm sure I've got a Pardon Me Boys record stashed away somewhere!

It's always great to find another Aussie at the Lounge!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPR